Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, Handsome John said:

Was it not fingers in his ears as if he’s not listening to what people are saying about him?

sure he’s done similar before

It was. Probably a message to his critics this season. 

He really is an enigma. He clearly has huge talent and when he is on point he is well worth his place in the starting 11. I saw someone mention somewhere we have had plenty of strikers or players that would have spurned that chance from Lewis cock up.  It was a good finish as was his disallowed goal. He has rapid pace and his ability to go past defenders inside and outside the box whilst starting behind or level is impressive. 

If he could apply himself 100% in every game he would be earning more money at a much better club than Motherwell. 

Edited by welldaft

3 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I've just noticed Long cupping his ears to an empty Pittodrie after the second goal yesterday:lol:

The Scousest man alive.

3 hours ago, Handsome John said:

Was it not fingers in his ears as if he’s not listening to what people are saying about him?

sure he’s done similar before

It was defo to folk like me who dislike him.

I do think he's good when he is on top form. Misses too many sitters though.

1 minute ago, Busta Nut said:

It was defo to folk like me who dislike him.

I do think he's good when he is on top form. Misses too many sitters though.

He’s the most natural and talented striker in our squad 

All good strikers miss sitters the secret is to keep putting yourself in the position and the goals will come 

Well he misses one a game
Agreed. There was one against Coleraine the other night where he did the hard part and took it past the defender but then failed to finish what looked like a fairly straightforward chance at the near post.

I like Long as a player but he's a torn faced b*****d who only seems to turn up when it suits him. He could score 20 this season and I'd still struggle to take to him.

14 minutes ago, ropy said:

A wee bit of redemption for Grimmy this weekend. Might end up being the guy that fills gaps for us.

Mentioned that in the match thread. Although he didn't see too much of the ball I thought his role was interesting in that we seemed to be switching between the 352 and a 442 with Grimshaw tucking in to midfield and Lamie moving into LB. It was pretty fluid but also a definite throwback to the Thunderdome era.

Incidentally, it's worth mentioning the role O'Donnell's having. His and Grimmy's heatmaps are below along with the focus of our attacks.

1439949245_ScreenShot2020-09-21at23_00_47.png.f14e84181dc60e9be26cb5c82623808b.png1980727018_ScreenShot2020-09-21at23_01_31.png.7ce6a16fa1b3cac4c76f31d268cc6138.png

Edited by capt_oats

19 hours ago, welldaft said:

It was. Probably a message to his critics this season. 

He really is an enigma. He clearly has huge talent and when he is on point he is well worth his place in the starting 11. I saw someone mention somewhere we have had plenty of strikers or players that would have spurned that chance from Lewis cock up.  It was a good finish as was his disallowed goal. He has rapid pace and his ability to go past defenders inside and outside the box whilst starting behind or level is impressive. 

If he could apply himself 100% in every game he would be earning more money at a much better club than Motherwell. 

Better? f**k sake, there are many clubs bigger, but none better than Motherwell

1 minute ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Better? f**k sake, there are many clubs bigger, but none better than Motherwell

Like responding to the 1st email after holiday without waiting to see what responses have been......

I am glad however many are picking up on this unforgivable error on my part. It won’t happen again...

I see that’s the contract offer officially on the table for wee Al now. I doubt he’ll sign it but at least the offer should act as a protection for the training compensation.

As much as I’d love him to stay, he’s more than earned his chance to go make some cash for himself. I also doubt the level of any offers we’d get now or in January would be worth considering when balanced against the likely training compensation and his worth/influence to the team over the season.