Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I'd largely given 'Motherwell Twitter' a swerve after reading the absolute mile oots in @Desp's mentions post-Turnbull.

Anyway, I just noticed Burrows confirmed to one of his reply guys that there is a sell-on involved. So, that's nice.

1824930895_ScreenShot2020-08-31at17_22_45.png.d8f71d145ed2aeb479bf63ffbfe0a113.png

Edited by capt_oats

15 hours ago, capt_oats said:

I'd largely given 'Motherwell Twitter' a swerve after reading the absolute mile oots in @Desp's mentions post-Turnbull.

Anyway, I just noticed Burrows confirmed to one of his reply guys that there is a sell-on involved. So, that's nice.

1824930895_ScreenShot2020-08-31at17_22_45.png.d8f71d145ed2aeb479bf63ffbfe0a113.png

I truly feel for Burrows at times like, "Silence is concerning" ffs.

That was always going to be a downside to 'fan ownership' - an enlarged feeling of entitlement - "I've paid my £10 a month, I DEMAND ANSWERS"

And to be fair I think we should expect 'transparency' as much as possible, The club's job becomes one of communicating as much as possible or explaining where the legal / business boundaries lie.  I guess we're lucky Flow is a patient man and prepared to answer those questions himself rather than leave it someone else.

1 hour ago, thisGRAEME said:

I truly feel for Burrows at times like, "Silence is concerning" ffs.

Same.

I mean, my 'mute' list is filled with some of the usual suspects who regularly offer up terrible takes. Having them actively trying to engage with you on the regular doesn't seem much fun.

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

I feel for him too but he chooses to answer the biggest of roasters at times.

Aye. I suppose there's the idea that some of the biggest weapons with the dumbest opinions can end up getting the most traction so trying to shut them down is understandable but I agree trying to explain that sort of stuff to folk who are clearly already set on their dumb 'opinion' seems pretty futile at times.

Edited by capt_oats

Caught the tail end of the Coleraine game and was pretty impressed. With that being said, we should be favourites to beat them. The majority of their squad looks to be comprised of uncapped Irish players. Whether we will or not is a different matter but we couldn't really ask for a much better draw.

In the next round, it will likely be Beer-Sheva. I see Beer Shava actually beat Laci in last year's qualifying. That's by no means an easy tie but a lot better than some of the others we could have got. I'd hope we can at the least beat Coleraine and give Beer-Sheva a wee game, they would be well favourites to park us out though I'm sure.

Generally speaking, despite the 3-0 at the weekend I'm optimisitic that we will start to turn things around. I like us much more since the change of system and the combination of Long and Lang/Watt looks a bit more like the thing.

I'm usually one to get majorly pissed off when we roll over and don't make a game of it against the Old Firm but i genuinely thought there was some signs of improvement. We moved the ball a bit better and done okay until the final third. I would like to see us take more shots on goal mind you as we seemed to make one too many passes up front.

Mugabi btw. He is looking like our best CB at the moment. I think his comments regarding game time are actually quite fair, in a 3 with a run of games I think he could actually turn out to be decent for us.