Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

8 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Thought Johnson and Moult were quiet on Monday

Supermarv awaits the last week of the transfer window like Michael Buble awaits Christmas time.  The beginning of October will be some laugh this year. #mapalusedtoplayforHibs 

3 hours ago, Desp said:

Supermarv awaits the last week of the transfer window like Michael Buble awaits Christmas time.  The beginning of October will be some laugh this year. #mapalusedtoplayforHibs 

Your patter gets continually worse mate it’s laughable.

1 hour ago, Phillips455 said:

Seems like there will be a live stream test today between 5pm and 8pm on the live.motherwellfc.co.uk page. Guess they want to be double sure thaf the live stream goes well after the rangers test.

Problem is that it’s always a good minute behind the twitter updates, would be useful if that gets sorted.

On 02/08/2020 at 18:31, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

A few players are clearly surplus to requirements. Seedorf, Mugabi, Maciver, McGuire. And Semple needs to go out on loan when the lower leagues start.

Have you (and we, collectively) changed our minds about him after Monday night?

2 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Too early to tell. He's been good in short bursts before, and he wasn't exactly up against any world-beaters. He's certainly earned himself another two or three appearances to see if he can capitalise on that performance, though. 

Edited by Gallus Numpty

2 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Not really. I think Hylton is the better player. And out of all our wingers I think Seedorf is the least likely to perform to a high level over the season.

The county full back wasn't up to much. He had an easy time against with Hastie playing on the wrong wing in the first half.

12 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Not really. I think Hylton is the better player. And out of all our wingers I think Seedorf is the least likely to perform to a high level over the season.

The county full back wasn't up to much. He had an easy time against with Hastie playing on the wrong wing in the first half.

Agreed. I think Seedorf's performance on Monday actually raises more questions about Hastie than Seedorf. 

Seedorf was flying past their full back pretty much every time he got the ball as soon as he came on. I don't think Hastie got past him once and he didn't really look like he believed in himself.

I think we saw enough of Seedorf last season to say with confidence that he isn't very good, so if he was destroying a full back that Hastie was struggling against, that's a tad worrying. Obviously Hastie hasn't had a whole lot of football recently, so will take a few games to see where he's at. Just wasn't the best start.

Caveat this post by saying I will happily eat all the words I've posted about Seedorf if he comes good. He obviously has the raw pace.....if he could just stop falling over whenever he got the ball.

2 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Home shirt available as of tomorrow lads.

Fwiw I picked up my away (large) at the weekend and the fit is great.

Are you a small child? Cos they are atrociously small. ( I AM NOT FAT(TER) )

10 hours ago, DeadStar said:

We going without a main sponsor this year again on the strip or just not announced one yet?

Burrows replied to one of his (many) reply guys a while back about them going on sale if we hadn't confirmed a main sponsor.

As @Busta Nut says, it seems we're still looking - though given the number of comments about the shirt looking better without any sponsors logos rolling it out to the initial pre-order customers then adding branding further down the line is probably (unintentionally) best of both. If you want a sponsorless version then buy it now at full price.

I'm sure we'd still take the money from whomever but given there's been varying degrees of pushback about the type of sponsorship on the shirt eg: bookies, Cash Converters and most recently the Glen's BOS branding it's a small market in terms of 'socially acceptable' sponsors.

Edited by capt_oats

17 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Credit where credit is due, he did make an impact, but one swallow doesn't make a summer.

Not enough to forget countless performances last season where he wasn't up to it. He was so ineffectual at Rugby Park a few days before Christmas, it was almost like we'd had a man sent off rather than made a sub.