Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

PPV details announced - £12 per game (excluding Sky games - those are ST holder only)

12 pounds is very reasonable. The way Grant Russell was talking on twitter a few days ago, it sounds like it will be 12 pounds across the board, so 12 pounds for away games too.

ETA I was very wrong.

Just now, Gianfranco said:

12 pounds is very reasonable. The way Grant Russell was talking on twitter a few days ago, it sounds like it will be 12 pounds across the board, so 12 pounds for away games too.

For most clubs aye...St Johnstone charging £17.50 and Livi are £20.

Div's got a thread on the P&B Twitter with the prices:

24 minutes ago, steelmen said:

You would think that sky would try and get in on the action and charge to watch individual games too

They're only able to show 48 a season as part of the deal, so canny do that. 

19 minutes ago, steelmen said:

I get that but offer the games they are showing on ppv for non season ticket holders and sky sports subscribers.

Why?

All I would do is cancel my Sky subscription and buy Saints games whenever they're on there. 

Will Livi and St Mirren still make me go and queue in front of my shed for half an hour before I can put the telly on? So many unanswered questions here.

How do we think we will line up against Ross County? Less than a week to go and normally at this stage, I could just about predict our starting XI for the first league game, but this year it seems a lot harder. 

GK - Carson 

RB - Grimshaw

RCB - Gallagher

LCB - Donnelly or Lamie - hard to tell with this one, given Gallagher's pre season injury has seen them both start a lot at centre back. I wonder if Donnelly will play there as Robinson tries to fit as many of the central midfielders in as he can.

LB - McGinley - has started all the pre-season games at LB as far as I'm aware, so I'd be surprised for it not to be him.

DM - O'Hara or Donnelly - obviously slightly depends on the CB situation but I'm not sure which of the two will get the nod if Lamie plays

CM - Campbell - has the box to box role nailed on as his

CM - Turnbull or Polworth - obviously Turnbull is a genius but it would seem harsh to see Polworth start the season on the bench, given how important his assists/set pieces are to us. I'm not sure if he might start the season in the team as we might allow Turnbull to gradually get back up to speed.

Front three - I think this depends on whether we go for 1 winger/2 forwards or 1 forward/2 wingers. I suspect it will be three from Hylton, Hastie, Long and Watt.

Like most people I would normally be able to have a decent stab at the starting 11, albeit with maybe a few differences here and there depending on what "options" people go for.

This season? Not a clue. I do think this is the most strength in depth we've had in a while though, so if we can find a strongest starting 11 thats complimented by who comes off the bench rather than compromised by it, then I'm hopefull of a decent season.

37 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

LCB - Donnelly or Lamie - hard to tell with this one, given Gallagher's pre season injury has seen them both start a lot at centre back. I wonder if Donnelly will play there as Robinson tries to fit as many of the central midfielders in as he can.

I might be miles out but I assumed Donnelly was just filling at centre back due to Gallagher(and Mugabi) being injured/behind the rest in terms of fitness.

I think the fact the rest of the back 4 outside Gallagher all played the full 90 against Rangers and again against Accies on Saturday suggests that’s what we will lining up with come the start of the season. At least until Carroll’s fit anyway, then Robinson might have a decision to make. 

32 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

I might be miles out but I assumed Donnelly was just filling at centre back due to Gallagher(and Mugabi) being injured/behind the rest in terms of fitness.

I think the fact the rest of the back 4 outside Gallagher all played the full 90 against Rangers and again against Accies on Saturday suggests that’s what we will lining up with come the start of the season. At least until Carroll’s fit anyway, then Robinson might have a decision to make. 

That was the assumption I was making as well. With the bodies we have at CB - Gallagher, Mugabi, Lamie, McGinley and Dunne (who's presumably still miles aff it) I can't really see Donnelly being anything other than extreme cover if the others are fit.

What has interested me is that we've went with Lamie at CB and McGinley as LB. IIRC the chat from Livi fans was that Lamie was a better option at LB than CB while the clips of McGinley seemed to have him at CB more often than not with only the occasional game at LB.

Putting 2+2 together I'd guess that the thinking may be that Gallagher + Lamie may have a better understanding on account of having played together so there's less to work on there.

Strong Charlie Dunne vibes with McGinley at LB IMO.

Edited by capt_oats

11 minutes ago, Antiochas III said:

The Scum reporting there has been an arrest warrant issued for Alan Burrows for refusal to attend court as a key witness 😂

I just saw that and this is a very accurate representation of my reaction...

giphy.gif

Edited by capt_oats