Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

43 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Apparently the bounce game against Celtic isn't happening tomorrow - for unspecified reasons. They're playing Ross County now.

Which is fine tbh, i know we've got a fairly stacked squad and could have put out 2 fairly competitive XIs if we wanted to give some a 90mins but 2 games in 2 days with a 3rd during the week against Rangers seemed pretty ambitious when Robinson mentioned it the other night.

Accies today.

Think you’ll find it was to be amongst fringe/development players on both sides

A clip of the goal is on Twitter, one of these artistic efforts where the ball comes in on one camera angle and then the header is shown from another angle, not a technique I like.
I stopped watching The Premier League Years because of how much they messed about with angles.

Ryan Fulton reacts like a shite 'keeper on FIFA.

A 2-2 friendly draw vs our local rivals, another Premiership side, and no doubt a worthwhile run out in terms of both gaining fitness/sharpness, and the manager implementing his ideas and methods for the season ahead, but we really do have some amount of welts in our support.

It's the same every pre-season with results not being good enough and the new signings being cart horses, honestly. The Twitter and Steelmental Online response to the results so far is off the chart hysterical pish. 

In recent years we have suffered pre-season defeats to such giants of the game as Barrow, Gateshead, Crusaders, and a 4-0 spanking from Ayr Utd, just as a few examples off the top of my head. Add to this some early European humiliations against various nations' pub teams and, historically, we are generally always pish at this point. However the level-headed and sensible supporter wouldn't look too deeply into it and put it down to new players bedding in, and the management experimenting /tweaking shapes and playing styles etc.

These slow starts have preceeded several trips to Hampden for semis and finals, and some exceptional final league placings. Not to mention the fact we are now 35+ seasons consecutively in the top flight. No mean feat for a wee provincial club of very limited resource. 

The footballing experts of North Lanarkshire have spoken though, and it looks as though we are certain relegation fodder. I better go and see what the odds on us for the drop are.... 

11 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

A 2-2 friendly draw vs our local rivals, another Premiership side, and no doubt a worthwhile run out in terms of both gaining fitness/sharpness, and the manager implementing his ideas and methods for the season ahead, but we really do have some amount of welts in our support.

It's the same every pre-season with results not being good enough and the new signings being cart horses, honestly. The Twitter and Steelmental Online response to the results so far is off the chart hysterical pish. 

In recent years we have suffered pre-season defeats to such giants of the game as Barrow, Gateshead, Crusaders, and a 4-0 spanking from Ayr Utd, just as a few examples off the top of my head. Add to this some early European humiliations against various nations' pub teams and, historically, we are generally always pish at this point. However the level-headed and sensible supporter wouldn't look too deeply into it and put it down to new players bedding in, and the management experimenting /tweaking shapes and playing styles etc.

These slow starts have preceeded several trips to Hampden for semis and finals, and some exceptional final league placings. Not to mention the fact we are now 35+ seasons consecutively in the top flight. No mean feat for a wee provincial club of very limited resource. 

The footballing experts of North Lanarkshire have spoken though, and it looks as though we are certain relegation fodder. I better go and see what the odds on us for the drop are.... 

I dont see any comments at all from Steelmen online re this game?

15 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Very much this. 
In fact I seem to remember the odd pre season when we were very good only to have sh1te seasons. 
In my mind a middling pre season at least provides a healthy dose of realism before the season starts. 
Still strongly fancy us for top 6. 
A lot will depend on Robinson and other key players staying. 
Is it that unrealistic to think that come October the Manager, Turnbull, Gallagher and Campbell might all be away ?

With Robbo if we start season strongly then every championship and league one club that sacks their Manager will be quoted as a potential destination. 

Edited by welldaft

17 minutes ago, Well Well said:

I dont see any comments at all from Steelmen online re this game?

Not yet, give it time. 

Opinions I saw on there were after the Rangers game, today's ramblings I have seen mainly via Twitter. 

2 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

Not yet, give it time. 

Opinions I saw on there were after the Rangers game, today's ramblings I have seen mainly via Twitter. 

You should go on FB and look at Well boys III if you think SO is bad

2 hours ago, santheman said:

You should go on FB and look at Well boys III if you think SO is bad

SO has a few decent and reasonable long term posters. It's nowhere near the site it once was, but still has a number of sensible folk lurking amongst its brain dead majority. 

Well fans III however is the twilight zone of Motherwell chat. Mouth breathers one and all. Posted on there a few times long ago, but each incarnation from I, II, III, and I'm sure IV etc to come descends further into the absurd. Looking at the page and the constantly negative shite posted on it , you wonder why half of them 'support' the team at all. Fuckwit central. 

5 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Well Fans III tackles race relations is probably my favourite monthly event right now.

Some of the c***s on there would prefer to give it a two footer like Donnelly. 

I think I said before that it was looking as though we could be a threat from set-pieces as we were bringing in a fair bit of height and that seems to have been the case in these bounce games. Hopefully we'll be able to combine that with creativity from open play as well (this is meant as a general comment and not a Well Fans III style meltdown [emoji6]).