Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

18 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

Do we want Wigan to stay up tonight if we’re still after Lang? I’m guessing he’d be more likely to play for them if they’re in league one.

Interested to see how this plays out now - if we're still in for him.

That's them down (subject to appeal) but you'd think it depends what happens with the sale of the club. Apparently they can announce their preferred bidder today.

Although there's probably more chance of him being involved in L1 the relegation is going to see a massive drop in revenue and their wage bill was (apparently) already unsustainable so they may well be looking to get as many bodies off the books as they can.

Even if our interest in Lang has cooled we've still got a vested interest in what happens with Kipré.

2 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

It's no surprise but it just goes to show we have our own share of "I'm not racist but..." types. Sort of person you see at the away games and hope they don't sit near you.

Seen square goes and all sorts being offered.

Or the mob that turn up at cup semis and finals belting out sectarian abuse for 90 minutes.

On 20/07/2020 at 11:24, Casagolda said:

Reports this morning now say they’ve offered it to the Leeds U23 manager(also mentioned) but the boys sticking with Robinson still being in the running.

That's Huddersfield confirmed Corberán as their new manager. Which is nice.

6 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

It's no surprise but it just goes to show we have our own share of "I'm not racist but..." types. Sort of person you see at the away games and hope they don't sit near you.

You know me Busta, and I'd like to think you know that I'm not a racist in any way, shape or form...but this 'taking the knee' stuff is absolute nonsense in my opinion.

1 hour ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

You know me Busta, and I'd like to think you know that I'm not a racist in any way, shape or form...but this 'taking the knee' stuff is absolute nonsense in my opinion.

I do and you are right, you aren't racist/bigoted/xenophobic at all. 

1 minute ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

There's a genuinely nasty side to our support that doesn't really get brought up often enough. Just in the last few seasons I've heard fucking ridiculous things directed towards Morelos, Sinclair and even guys like Bolingoli.

Name a support anywhere in the world that doesnt

11 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

4 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Quite funny that you’ve replied to his ‘your not racist but’ post with a literal ‘I’m not racist but’ post😅

52 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

There's a genuinely nasty side to our support that doesn't really get brought up often enough. Just in the last few seasons I've heard fucking ridiculous things directed towards Morelos, Sinclair and even guys like Bolingoli.

Depressingly that’s went back as long as I can remember tbh. I mind headlines claiming racist shouts from our fans back 20 years ago or so when I was a kid. 

Edited by Londonwell

43 minutes ago, Dosser-fae-the-shire said:

Was it definitely Rangers’ fault the game got delayed on Wednesday night? They owe me a new dining room table.

Looks like the SFA are looking into it to see what happened.
I would like to thank Motherwell for sending a representative to Pat Quinn's funeral yesterday it was a great gesture and the club was fantastic with their tribute.  

Apparently the bounce game against Celtic isn't happening tomorrow - for unspecified reasons. They're playing Ross County now.

Which is fine tbh, i know we've got a fairly stacked squad and could have put out 2 fairly competitive XIs if we wanted to give some a 90mins but 2 games in 2 days with a 3rd during the week against Rangers seemed pretty ambitious when Robinson mentioned it the other night.

Accies today.

Edited by capt_oats