Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I purchased Gin today, due to this sponsorship I went for a bottle of Ben Lomond from the Loch Lomond Group, this may be the first time a Motherwell sponsorship has influenced a purchase although I did buy a car from Motorpoint after that sponsorship had ended.

I also am led to believe that if it wasn't for Motherwell, video conferencing options would be limited to Skype, and Sons of Anarchy would never have been written.

We're changing the world one sponsor at a time.

5 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

We are now sponsored by Glen’s Vodka on the back of our strip. It wasn’t announced on the socials but is on the website.

ETA it is now on the socials. I haven’t drunk Glen’s since I stole it from the parent’s drink cabinet back in the teenage years.

I really hope we continue in this mould and put K Cider on the front and El Dorado on our shorts.

3 hours ago, capt_oats said:

I honestly thought there was legislation in place prohibiting advertising alcohol on fitba shirts. Every day's a school day.

Enjoying the replies in the MFC Twitter mentions from folk who think Paddy Power are still sponsoring us because there's no sponsor on the front of the shirts. Bless.

Paycare were announced as having renewed as BOS sponsor June 19th. Their placement is at the bottom of the shirt. The Glen's branding is across the shoulder.

Nah I am sure either or both of the OF have been sponsored by booze companies for the last decade

31 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Nah I am sure either or both of the OF have been sponsored by booze companies for the last decade

Aye.

That's actually why I thought there had been legislation introduced as both had moved to bookies and AFAIK there isn't a club in either the Premiership or Championship with a main shirt sponsor that's alcohol related - there used to be a few. Carling, Magners, Tennents, Crabbies, Whyte & Mackay, Carlsberg etc.

Celtic had Magners as their FOS sponsor, I didn't realise they'd changed to BOS in 2016 and were still in partnership. I thought they'd just been replaced.

I think I'd just seen this and assumed it was a thing: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-51720052

Edited by capt_oats

1 minute ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

#ITK

Not at all mate..... just what was posted on media hub, my TV supplier, thou they've now updated it to 8pm.

Edited by C4mmy31

1 minute ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Apparently that is just a convenient excuse.

Real reason is that Rangers new streaming service is a shambles and they didn't want to play with it not working.

Then how do you explain Motherwell releasing the following statement? Have Rangers convinced Motherwell to lie for them?!

49 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Not at all mate..... just what was posted on media hub, my TV supplier, thou they've now updated it to 8pm.

I, for one, will definitely be getting Media Hub. Whatever that is. 

1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:

I see your friendly at Ibrox is off tonight as Motherwell forgot to submit Covid testing results... resheduled for tomorrow night apparently.

That is a massive spin on things