Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Aye, Cornelius had been filling in at right back for the Reserves last season - fair enough if it's just to get him minutes on the park as everything you were hearing from Mo Ross suggested he was the new Allan Campbell.
Interesting to see Max Johnston being involved as he's still 16 (according to Transfermarkt) and only seemed to break into the Reserves shortly before the shutdown.
No Semple there either and going by those team lines Carson played both halves rather than him and Fox getting a 45 each.

Is Johnston rated? I was told it was likely he could end up at us, but I was told he was 17. 16 seems a bit young, but with his old man being gaffer it could happen I guess

7 hours ago, capt_oats said:

No danger is Long taking #99... #numberpolis

On the topic of #numberpolis, was it Scott Fox who was in #44 gear in that last Motherwell YouTube video? Was only about 2 minutes in or so. If it was, I wonder why he’s been moved. Maybe just didn’t have any #12 kit ready?

Edited by CSmith

13 hours ago, qos1990 said:

Is Johnston rated? I was told it was likely he could end up at us, but I was told he was 17. 16 seems a bit young, but with his old man being gaffer it could happen I guess

Genuinely no idea. He's not been a name that's been talked about that much as far as I'm aware. For example, when Jamie Semple and James Scott were involved with the reserves at 14 & 15 the official channel noted their ages:

There's usually a group of 3 or 4 from the Academy who it's clear are being developed with an eye on the first team (at the moment it's probably Cornelius, Devine, Hussain and Semple). In Johnston's case his name just started appearing on the Reserves team sheet midway through the season. Going by the SFA page he's got an u16 cap (and turns 17 in December).

Edited by capt_oats

Aye, I posted it earlier but made a c**t of trying to edit it and ending up deleting it. 

Basically seems to stem from this boys article. 

Reports this morning now say they’ve offered it to the Leeds U23 manager(also mentioned) but the boys sticking with Robinson still being in the running.

An owner that wants to sign the players and is looking for his 4th manager in just over year. A far cry from the control and security he has at Fir Park. 

Then again, they could probably quadruple his salary without batting an eyelid. 

Edited by Casagolda

56 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

Aye, I posted it earlier but made a c**t of trying to edit it and ending up deleting it. 

Basically seems to stem from this boys article. 

Reports this morning now say they’ve offered it to the Leeds U23 manager(also mentioned) but the boys sticking with Robinson still being in the running.

An owner that wants to sign the players and is looking for his 4th manager in just over year. A far cry from the control and security he has at Fir Park. 

Hard to know how much truth there is in it but in my view that would not be a good move. He would be better waiting for a more stable club rather than being under pressure and sacked within six months at Huddersfield. If you look at his ups and downs with us if he had been down there he would never have been given time.

56 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

Tbh, it's a weird flex to jump into the mentions of a well respected sports journo who's heavily connected with Leeds to tell him that actually *you* broke the story and that there's another guy in the frame.

Anyway The Guardian are saying it looks like Corberán...going by their article they first made 'contact' a month about the job.

24 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Tbh, it's a weird flex to jump into the mentions of a well respected sports journo who's heavily connected with Leeds to tell him that actually *you* broke the story and that there's another guy in the frame.

:lol:

Aye, the boy comes across as a bit of a fud. 

I doubt there’s anything in it. Just seemed a bit of a random name for him to pluck out of nowhere.