Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

4 hours ago, Al B said:

As much as he's classed as a centre-mid I think Donnelly's our 2nd best centre half and has been for a while, plus it helps with trying to lay out our midfield of absolute Galacticos.

I think that is something that would work better in theory than practice. Donnelly isn't that big for a start which could leave us with an extremely small team.

He also isn't very savvy. Picked up so many bookings last season and he can't play like that in a back 4 or he wil be sent off every few games.

On 12/07/2020 at 13:07, Swami said:

I’ve watched that 57 second video about 9 or 10 times now, which is absolutely tragic. Lockdown hasn’t half made me realise that, even though I watch other football, I honestly couldn’t give a f**k if it isn’t Motherwell or Scotland. 

Couldn't agree more. Everyone drooling over the return of Bundesliga and Premier League.

If it's not Motherwell I struggle to give a toss. 

Daily Record story

Fomer player Pat Quinn has passed away aged 84. Also played for Albion Rovers, Blackpool, Hibs & East Fife. Had a managerial career with East Fife, FH in Iceland & Partick Thistle.

Former Motherwell star Pat Quinn has died aged 84, the club has confirmed.

Quinn started his career at Albion Rovers in 1955, and was quickly snapped up by Bobby Ancell for the Fir Park club, playing as an inside-forward for seven years.

Motherwell said in a social media post: "We are saddened to hear of the death of Pat Quinn, one of our famous Ancell Babes, at the age of 84."

Quinn's debut for Motherwell was as a substitute in a friendly match against Preston North End, to officially open the club's floodlight system.

In 251 appearances for Motherwell, he scored 119 goals.
Edited by GNU_Linux

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Interested to see how Craig Conway fits into your side.

Nah I think you’ll be fine. We only want your targets if they’re under 30 or can be sold on for a decent bit

7 minutes ago, CSmith said:

Nah I think you’ll be fine. We only want your targets if they’re under 30 or can be sold on for a decent bit

Excellent news, means we can finally move forward with the process of building Scotlands line up from the 2014 World Cup qualifiers.

Charlie Adam next IMO.  

10 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I know it was a joke but I doubt we'd even look at a 35 year old these days.

Aye, of the 52 players Robinson's signed - either permanently or on loan - only Conor Sammon (31), Ross McCormack (32) and Scott Fox (32) have been 30+ (I think).

Carson and Hartley were both 29.

Modern Fitba'/The Backpass Rule did an age profile graph of the squad last season (excluding loans & expiring contracts). So of the new signings/extensions O'Hara (24). Long (25), Watt (26) Lamie (27) and Dunne (27) all land in the 'Peak Years' section with Jordan White (28) at the threshold.

EYePNidXQAA6i8O?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by capt_oats

12 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I know it was a joke but I doubt we'd even look at a 35 year old these days.

I remember when our team looking knackered in the last 15 mins was a thing....