Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I guess it comes down to whether Sky allow away supporters (away season ticket holders?) to see games or PPV through their club TV service. I've not seen anything clear on that yet.

4 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

The headline is stepping down but, more accurately, he's not standing for re-election which I think is pretty common. There's normally a bit of a change in personnel each year.

Yeah I'm guessing "not seeking re-election" wouldn't fit in the available space ;)  That and it's no snappy / click-baity

1 hour ago, Gianfranco said:

I got Now TV for last season for about 18 pounds a month. I had to pay it up front for the year but much cheaper than the 30 odd they want for a one off month.

1 hour ago, Gallus Numpty said:

NowTV also do a 24 hour sports pass for a tenner, which of course would be even better value for the months we're only on once.

Quick tip; Google month/week/day pass and you can usually find them for much cheaper. I got a day pass for £3 last season and a week pass for £7.

Not always available but you'll usually get something better than the full price. They just email you the code once you've paid.

2 hours ago, Swello said:

I guess it comes down to whether Sky allow away supporters (away season ticket holders?) to see games or PPV through their club TV service. I've not seen anything clear on that yet.

There's a whole section about the VST/PPV side of things in the brand new updated SPFL rules (page 100-ish onwards). 

Edited by capt_oats

21 minutes ago, dezz said:

That Alan Nixon fella on twitter saying there’s a bit of traction in our move for Lang.

Seen that myself. Interesting that from what he’s also saying regarding Wigan that they need cash right away. Leaves us in a strange situation as we rarely pay for players never mind six+ figures (which I assume this must be?) and perhaps casts doubt on us bargaining with Kipre money. (Whether that’s outstanding costs or sell on %) Will be intrigued to see how it all develops.

5ABFD6BB-F357-4DF9-9E6A-953DE7EBB7B3.jpeg

Edited by CSmith

6 minutes ago, CSmith said:

Seen that myself. Interesting that from what he’s also saying regarding Wigan that they need cash right away. Leaves us in a strange situation as we rarely pay for players never mind six+ figures (which I assume this must be?) and perhaps casts doubt on us bargaining with Kipre money. (Whether that’s outstanding costs or sell on %) Will be intrigued to see how it all develops.

The flip of that is that he can't play for them just now given he had been on loan at Shrewsbury so despite having 2 years left on his deal he's - for want of a better word - redundant. The English window isn't open and even if it was the level of teams who might be interested ie: Leagues 1 or 2 are an absolute shitshow with the knock on effects of the 'rona and budgets being cut all over the place.

I mean, it's fucking bold of us to rock up and say to the administrator: "we were going to loan your player but here's £50k to make it permanent - what do you say?"

8 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

The flip of that is that he can't play for them just now given he had been on loan at Shrewsbury so despite having 2 years left on his deal he's - for want of a better word - redundant. The English window isn't open and even if it was the level of teams who might be interested ie: Leagues 1 or 2 are an absolute shitshow with the knock on effects of the 'rona and budgets being cut all over the place.

I mean, it's fucking bold of us to rock up and say to the administrator: "we were going to loan your player but here's £50k to make it permanent - what do you say?"

I like to imagine it’s more of a case of Burrows and Robinson rolling up in a van, smuggling Lang in the back and leaving 50 quid on the ground with the option to loan Sherwin Seedorf

10 minutes ago, CSmith said:

I like to imagine it’s more of a case of Burrows and Robinson rolling up in a van, smuggling Lang in the back and leaving 50 quid on the ground with the option to loan Sherwin Seedorf

Could we just leave Sherwin Seedorf on the ground with the option to loan 50 quid?