Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Yeah, Hutchinson scored a looping header from what seemed about 25 yards out before jumping head first into the crowd to celebrate. 

Both goals were absolutely superb, also seem to remember O’Brien almost topped them both near the end with a spin and volley from miles out that cracked off the post. 

1 hour ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Cheers. Did that finish 2-2? From what little I can remember there was a big Well support and Forbes curled an absolute cracker into the top corner.

He did aye, although I've somehow remembered his goal completely different to how it happened.

It's free to view so fire in and just skip to the goals, that's what I've been doing with these things. Seems hard to find footage of that season from a Saints end.

Just click the "HD" button and change it, as it automatically selects the lowest setting.

4 hours ago, Casagolda said:

Yeah, Hutchinson scored a looping header from what seemed about 25 yards out before jumping head first into the crowd to celebrate. 

Both goals were absolutely superb, also seem to remember O’Brien almost topped them both near the end with a spin and volley from miles out that cracked off the post. 

Was a good game that, I remember coming away disappointed at not having won but it could have gone either way I think. That was one of the first times we saw Jim Gannon making double substitutions at half time and I'm sure Craigan was one of the ones hooked that day.

1 hour ago, MJC said:

Was a good game that, I remember coming away disappointed at not having won but it could have gone either way I think. That was one of the first times we saw Jim Gannon making double substitutions at half time and I'm sure Craigan was one of the ones hooked that day.

Aye because Gannon had some weird idea that Mark Reynolds could play at left back.

I remember Hateley starting that day and being impressed immediately.

Looking at the line up I see Hammell was at left mid too. Craigan at Left Centre Back. That whole side of the pitch would have been a footballing apocalypse.

Edit: Watched the highlights

Reynolds was actually in a midfield holding role. Hammell at right back so not as stupid as I thought but still not great.

Also Hateley with the 2 assists. His first of many set pieces that lead to goals and a peach of a pass out to Forbes.

Edited by Jim McLean's Ghost

10 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Dont know if you lads cared about this match as much as us, but it was a cracking game.

That was a great 90 mins that - a cup tie of a game. I didn't know BBC Alba was a thing then - will be watching it later...

Really enjoying these weekly updates. A good addition to the #content bank.

Wonder if the plan is to keep them up throughout the season and weave in highlights and post match reaction or if this is just a pre season/back to training thing.

40 minutes ago, dezz said:

Wonder if the plan is to keep them up throughout the season and weave in highlights and post match reaction or if this is just a pre season/back to training thing.

Based on the description below it looks like that's what they're planning on doing.

YouTube's the ideal platform for a weekly digest of this sort of stuff. So far the pacing has been good in that I don't think any of the videos have really dragged so if they're able to keep the content varied enough it should be pretty interesting to see what sort of scope they have.

1838818459_ScreenShot2020-07-05at11_46_10.thumb.png.db9e89035b0042774e4837fcdb624287.png

45 minutes ago, dezz said:

Yes really enjoyed watching that.

Based on the description below it looks like that's what they're planning on doing.
YouTube's the ideal platform for a weekly digest of this sort of stuff. So far the pacing has been good in that I don't think any of the videos have really dragged so if they're able to keep the content varied enough it should be pretty interesting to see what sort of scope they have.
1838818459_ScreenShot2020-07-05at11_46_10.thumb.png.db9e89035b0042774e4837fcdb624287.png

I see Grant Russell on twitter has just confirmed this will be our central social media piece throughout the season with the more short form content derived from it.

Think it’s a really good idea. As you say YouTube is the perfect platform for this longer form stuff with shorter, snappier things more appropriate for Twitter.

25 minutes ago, dezz said:

I see Grant Russell on twitter has just confirmed this will be our central social media piece throughout the season with the more short form content derived from it.

Think it’s a really good idea. As you say YouTube is the perfect platform for this longer form stuff with shorter, snappier things more appropriate for Twitter.

Definitely.

I've mentioned it before but the interview GR did with the Scottish Football Marketing Podcast was an interesting listen (in an incredibly niche/nerdy way).

IIRC he mentioned that YT was a platform they were still trying to work out and were planning on trying to make more of it. When you start thinking about the analytics side of things and how that seems to be shaping strategy at the club it's actually quite encouraging to hear people like Grant and Flow openly discussing the thinking behind all that.

The one they did with Flow is here.

Edited by capt_oats

6 minutes ago, santheman said:

A mate down south who is a West Ham supporter telling me Kiipre is on his way there.

Possible windfall for us if true

Depends on their admin situation in terms of how messy it could get I suppose.

Watford seem to be quoted as having an interest as well according to *checks notes* Football League World.

28 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Depends on their admin situation in terms of how messy it could get I suppose.

Watford seem to be quoted as having an interest as well according to *checks notes* Football League World.

Yeah it will be interesting to see how it goes in that respect. Hopefully we get something out of it.