Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

4 hours ago, Yorky said:

Just signed a short term contract.

I hadn't read the article when I posted about it earlier. I see it's until December  which is a nice surprise. I thought it'd be another Tanner deal that would take him up to the end of the summer window.

Charles’ contract will run until the end of December 2020. The club will help him with his comeback from injury, with a view to assessing the possibility for a new, longer deal at that point.

That gives us Lamie as left back cover and Dunne as cover for McGinley. Which is something I genuinely didn't see coming

3 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

Whats the general thoughts on Scott's potential? Future international?

Who knows tbh. As @Londonwell says we only got about 42 games from him and his first run in the side was him finding his feet.

IMO he's got a high ceiling though. The chat is that when we were offering extensions to him, Turnbull and Hastie it was Scott and Turnbull that were our priorities. He's got the height and the build, is good technically and a gallus streak.

Potential Scotland international? I mean, why not?

He's got the confidence and he's fairly versatile - we're not exactly blessed with forward options either. It really depends on where he sees his natural position. Whether he's looking long term at developing as a #9 or sticking out wide which is where he had settled playing for us.

Edited by capt_oats

23 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

IN OTHER NEWS: It's official...

9e99c903-fbda-43e8-a953-0e9ca3c2cfe1-206

giphy.gif

Excellent news! Was always confident Robinson would stay for some reason, thought it might have been blind faith but delighted we’ve dodged this bullet.

All in, we’re shaping up really well for my money. Still of the opinion that we’ll sell a midfielder...Campbell is my bet but even then we’re looking good. Good times. 

Edited by Londonwell

31 minutes ago, 18May1991 said:

Think NI have made a big mistake there. Good luck to him and them though. 

I certainly wouldn't have appointed him over Robinson that's for sure but I'm glad they did. Good luck to Baraclough though, a decent guy and inspite of how shite he was for us overall he did oversee two of the most significant and massive wins in our recent history so that affords him a pass for me.

11 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I have no personal allegiance to Desp but he's right. That's the sort of optimistic hoof out from the back we tried every few minutes in the Thunderdome era.

I don't actually care whether he meant it or not. If Turnbull had played that exact same ball it would have been unanimously described as absolute perfection and I, for one, would have left instructions in my will that it should be on the anthology DVD to be buried with me, along with O'Neill's rasper and Jutkiewicz's extra-time equaliser. (The "Oh Wow" commentary, of course, but with the BBC version available on the extras disc.)