Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53199718

Looks like Baraclough is the new NI manager.

Just reading it there...

Ian Baraclough remains the front-runner to replace Michael O'Neill as Northern Ireland senior manager.

The Englishman was appointed by O'Neill as Under-21s boss and offers the continuity that the IFA is looking for.

It is believed the representatives of the successful candidate were contacted on Friday to sort out terms and conditions of the contract.

Baraclough is the favourite to pip the other four candidates, who are all from Northern Ireland, for the job.

Motherwell manager Stephen Robinson was given permission by his club to speak to the IFA, but the club was not contacted on Friday.

The Scottish side had agreed a six-figure compensation fee in advance of any talks.

22 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Just reading it there...

Same journalist who seemed to be first to break news of a 5th candidate, has also claimed Baraclough is the only one who's been spoken too since the NI job, and itll likely be confirmed before Sunday that hes been hired.

The problem with Skippy Sunday stuff is that the bits that I enjoy - all the Celtic supporters in the Cooper standing there as the few 'Well supporters were going tonto after the goals. seeing Celtic players that I detested in pieces, supporters in tears, Gerry Britton pretending to be happy, etc is followed by the bit I really  don't like - Delirious peepil at Easter Rd.
If there was a way to edit it in the crowd shots of the Rangers support after the playoff 2nd leg, it would be perfect....
I hadn't realised they were combining it with the game at Easter Road which is a bit shite as I really don't want to see them celebrating.

Belfast Live say preferred candidate has been offered the job.

They add Magilton, Wright and Shiels are out the running, but make a point of seperating Robinson from those three...

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 hour ago, Archie McSquackle said:
1 hour ago, Swello said:
The problem with Skippy Sunday stuff is that the bits that I enjoy - all the Celtic supporters in the Cooper standing there as the few 'Well supporters were going tonto after the goals. seeing Celtic players that I detested in pieces, supporters in tears, Gerry Britton pretending to be happy, etc is followed by the bit I really  don't like - Delirious peepil at Easter Rd.
If there was a way to edit it in the crowd shots of the Rangers support after the playoff 2nd leg, it would be perfect....

I hadn't realised they were combining it with the game at Easter Road which is a bit shite as I really don't want to see them celebrating.

Each to their own but it was a price well worth paying and I for one will always be grateful to Rangers for winning that day and for Nacho Novo for scoring their winner, as without that then Celtic would still have won the league at Fir Park inspite of the result.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Belfast Live say preferred candidate has been offered the job.

They add Magilton, Wright and Shiels are out the running, but make a point of seperating Robinson from those three...

SSN are running with Baraclough having been offered the job. It's on their breaking news ticker right now.

1 minute ago, capt_oats said:

SSN are running with Baraclough having been offered the job. It's on their breaking news ticker right now.

Aye all roads seem to point to him. 

Makes sense tbf.

6 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

If he’s been offered it he’s not going to turn it down.

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Wouldnt get too excited, Robinson will be off anyway apparently. 

:lol: it's absolutely wild how many United fans I've seen echo that sentiment. You'd think having your manager taken off you by a recently relegated, basket case Hearts would serve as a dose of reality but they seem to have taken it the exact opposite way and lost the plot completely.

Fair enough if it was one of the proper city teams who are objectively bigger than us, but United are a club essentially the same size us off the pitch and have been worse than us on it for about 15 years now.