Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Bara's done a good job with their u21s and the story seems to be that they're keen on that continuity. He also wouldn't need compensation.
I just looked it up, he's currently got a 47.37% win rate. Robinson lost all of his 10 games with the u21s although Magilton only managed to win 1 so it may have been the group of players.
2016959680_ScreenShot2020-06-23at15_50_16.thumb.png.bbc78797e10dd80ff797a3b4f1f7381d.png
Fair play to him, I didn't realise that.

Baraclough seems a nice guy but was largely terrible for us (bar 1 set of results...) so it would be absolutely typical for him to get the NI job and end up pitching up at the Euros next year.

3 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

I thought Tommy Wright would end up with the NI job by default, particularly after he left St Johnstone. He seems to be the early favourite for the Dundee United job though and if he ends up there I think Robinson taking the NI job is a formality.

Also, what have I missed that Ian Baraclough is even being considered?

TW has been the early favourite for the United job every time its come up since he won the Cup. I wouldnt read too much into that.

His dream job is NI so he wouldnt be choosing United over that.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

TW has been the early favourite for the United job every time its come up since he won the Cup. I wouldnt read too much into that.

His dream job is NI so he wouldnt be choosing United over that.

Lets hope he gets his dream job. To be fair he deserves it even more than Robinson given the job he did in Perth. 

That plus the fact that Wright is out of work and Bara would be a promotion you would hope they will be going balls out to get the job, whereas Robbo knows he has unfinished business at Motherwell including a crack at European competition.  If he continues to do well then he will get a better job soon enough and eventually the chance to take over NI job a few years down the line. 

31 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Lets hope he gets his dream job. To be fair he deserves it even more than Robinson given the job he did in Perth. 

That plus the fact that Wright is out of work and Bara would be a promotion you would hope they will be going balls out to get the job, whereas Robbo knows he has unfinished business at Motherwell including a crack at European competition.  If he continues to do well then he will get a better job soon enough and eventually the chance to take over NI job a few years down the line. 

Feels like it's the perfect time for TW career wise, while Robinson should get another couple of shots at it over the course of his career.

I'm heavy biased though.

Ngl I'm actually surprised that N.I have deliberated this much/actually undertaken a rigorous process. I more or less assumed they'd just give to Wright because he was an old boy and Robinson would get the job next time it came up. 

Maybe I'm too used to the internal machinations of the SFA.

7 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Ngl I'm actually surprised that N.I have deliberated this much/actually undertaken a rigorous process. I more or less assumed they'd just give to Wright because he was an old boy and Robinson would get the job next time it came up. 

Maybe I'm too used to the internal machinations of the SFA.

TBF its only been 2 months since O'Neill quit. I sort of half think they expected him to continue as part time manager until the Play Offs/Euros were done.

You've maybe seen it, but Scott Burns is saying you've not granted permission for NI to speak to Robinson, and theres currently no plan for him to talk to them during their interview process over the next few days.

Hmmmm...

I'd be a bit surprised if we've explicitly said "No" to him speaking to them. The way that tweet is worded it sounds like they're interested in interviewing him but haven't formally asked.

At the same time we've now signed 4 players who have all talked up the manager selling the club to them and we've also literally signed up his son so it's felt like there's been some sort of commitment from Robinson for next season. The NI job has been in the background since last year so I'd have thought Burrows and Robinson would at least have had a conversation about the position the club would take.

Edited by capt_oats

Robinson ‘reluctantly’ given permission to speak to the Northern Irish FA over the national job. Hope Tommy Wright and Ian Baraclough are excellent in interview situations. Tommy might be a bit rusty though, he’s not had one for a while.