Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 minute ago, steelmen said:

It will give us time to get up to speed, no getting caught cold this year.

Providing the Hearts fiasco doesn’t stop the League from starting on 1st Aug otherwise we’re in on the back of training sessions only and no “competitive” games

If the Quarantine is still in affect by the end of August and we get a home game, what would happen to the away team? or vis versa? Would we have to go to the game in advance and have the previous game postponed? Also when is the draw?

Still many questions to be asked.

I love a European trip and have been on most of them so far - but I can't see any circumstances that we'll be allowed in a stadium to watch this first game - even if it was in Wales or NI. Save our money for the group stages...

3 hours ago, Swello said:

I love a European trip and have been on most of them so far - but I can't see any circumstances that we'll be allowed in a stadium to watch this first game - even if it was in Wales or NI. Save our money for the group stages...

It is 2+ months away. Quarantine will be long gone by then. It was a silly decision far too late. But it will only be in place beyond June for any countries that still have significant cases. For quite a few euro countries there will be air bridges and travel will be permitted. 

After that it is a case of how much further on we are at controlling the virus. Even the SNP proposal for phase 4 is 6 weeks on from tomorrow. Optimistic to think we will move through all phases every 3 weeks but you never know. 

Barring a real breakdown and obvious signs of spikes and recurrence I think we may be in with a chance by late August. 

1 hour ago, welldaft said:

It is 2+ months away. Quarantine will be long gone by then. It was a silly decision far too late. But it will only be in place beyond June for any countries that still have significant cases. For quite a few euro countries there will be air bridges and travel will be permitted. 

After that it is a case of how much further on we are at controlling the virus. Even the SNP proposal for phase 4 is 6 weeks on from tomorrow. Optimistic to think we will move through all phases every 3 weeks but you never know. 

Barring a real breakdown and obvious signs of spikes and recurrence I think we may be in with a chance by late August. 

I think the main issue isn't necessarily individuals travelling as I'm sure that will be more relaxed by late august - but it's the "mass gatherings" part that I can't see being rectified by then - I just can't see people being allowed to pack into a stadium until  much later in the year.

56 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

It appears that a Well fan who contracted COVID-19 in Vietnam piloting for Vietnam Airlines has made an amazing recovery. 

He often comes to the games with us when he's in the country, great to see him recovering as the initial press on his outlook wasn't great.

Edited by Busta Nut

I think the main issue isn't necessarily individuals travelling as I'm sure that will be more relaxed by late august - but it's the "mass gatherings" part that I can't see being rectified by then - I just can't see people being allowed to pack into a stadium until  much later in the year.
Agreed. I'm quite positive about the whole situation at the moment and still believe that large parts of society will be well on the way back to normality by August. However, I do think that large gatherings (football matches obviously included) will still have restrictions and it may be later in the year before we can get to a game.

Just means we'll need to wait until the group stages before getting a wee away trip.