Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Liking that on first viewing. not as good as this seasons away kit but not many will be. 

I see it says in the main statement that a sponsor has still to be announced but ‘will be added prior to launch’...could make or break it. 

4 minutes ago, dezz said:

Liking that on first viewing. not as good as this seasons away kit but not many will be. 

I see it says in the main statement that a sponsor has still to be announced but ‘will be added prior to launch’...could make or break it. 

TO be fair, 2 seasons ago we were in a similar situation and they gave the option for shirts to either have the sponsor or not printed on it. Any sponsor will end up making the design a bit worse, so this is probably the best version.

The thing is - ethics of taking money from a bookies aside - the "unsponsored" thing has spolied us a bit - any sponsor logo will look shite in comparison.

I'm not even clear how a sponsor would fit on that band - it looks designed to be logo-less unless it's just going to be plonked below the band..

4 minutes ago, Swello said:

The thing is - ethics of taking money from a bookies aside - the "unsponsored" thing has spolied us a bit - any sponsor logo will look shite in comparison.

I'm not even clear how a sponsor would fit on that band - it looks designed to be logo-less unless it's just going to be plonked below the band..

That's what we did with the blue Cash Converters top, so we have precedent for that. If it's a fairly small one, another option could be a logo on a blue background that split the band in two, I guess.

Edited by Gallus Numpty

It's a cracking top. Agree with everything said about the sponsor making/breaking it.

That said, I'm not sold on the blue shorts. White would have made a bit more sense IMO - and I say that as someone who's generally anti-white shorts.

Website-Montage.jpg

Edited by capt_oats

1 minute ago, capt_oats said:

It's a cracking top. Agree with everything said about the sponsor making/breaking it.

That said, I'm not sold on the blue shorts. White would have made a bit more sense IMO.

Like it in general, though as is often the case, not a fan of the collar -- looks like it would be forever sticking up or out one side or the other.

Wouldn't be surprised if we mix and match shorts and socks with the home kit versions from time to time (if the home shorts are white), so not too bothered that the official shorts are blue.

On first viewing it's a really good looking kit and brings back good memories of the Michael Higdon inspired side of 2012/13. The only thing that lets it down is the absence of the club badge in favour of the M.F.C lettering. Just don't see the need for it.