Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

6 minutes ago, Swello said:

The problem is that given that the transfer market will be a bear pit this summer - agents aren't going to sit about waiting for an arbitrary list from a club before pushing their clients, so even if we have perfectly valid reasons for delaying the announcement (which I'm sure we do) - it's likely that things are going to leak out the longer we wait.

Definitely. 

I mean, you had Rohan Ferguson saying cheerio Tuesday last week, Robinson telling the press Manzinga wasn't getting his option taken up, now Tait's on the PFA list and Watt's giving heavy hints that he's sticking around (the club just 'liked' this tweet from him).

As @welldaft said earlier - it's not that big a deal in itself but it's a weird look admin-wise.

Edited by capt_oats

21 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

This might seem absolutely obvious to everyone else, but I've just realised our European involvement will mean we won't be in the League Cup Group Stages if they happen. I've quite enjoyed sunny trips to rarely visited grounds over the last few years. (Much rather Europe though).

I said exactly the same last week, hoping for a Welsh team and travel allowed within the UK

46 minutes ago, santheman said:

Hopefully whoever we get won’t have the advantage of already being into their season start because of Covid 19 with all the advantages that would give them in terms of match fitness

Possibly but given I expect Europa and Champions League to kick off much later this year then that should give us some leeway. 

In all honesty I am not sure how completing European competition is going to work even within UEFA desired timescale.  If countries are refusing entry or demanding quarantine then it is a no go.  The only hope is all countries in Europe are at an advanced stage of easing lockdown. 

I also have a fear that next season they may take out preliminary rounds to ensure big boys and TV money is not hampered.  I hope not  but us starting in July as probably scheduled is never going to happen. 

I will travel but if it is behind closed doors what is the point sadly......

2 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Yeah, I think I can see UEFA skipping the qualifying rounds and going straight to the groups. Maybe we will be in the League Cup Group Stages after all (if they go ahead).

Albion rather than Albania?

My guess would be an abridged qualifying tournament, perhaps similar in nature to what they have in the Women's Champions League, where four clubs play a group stage in a single venue over the space of a week or so.

Hi lads, I hope you're all well! Just dropping in to let you know I have created a new Scottish football magazine with a couple of other fans and we done a piece on Motherwell's potential new stadium and blueprints across Europe the men in charge of the move could follow - a really interesting read. If you're interested in getting a copy, you can order from our Kickstarter which just dropped below: 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/scottkelly/stonewaller-magazine-number-1?ref=project_build

So with #TONY signing this is (I think) how things stand in terms of who's currently contracted for next season.

130810279_ScreenShot2020-05-29at20_50_23.png.6e97800317e486e3f129b0741e7c054f.png

The rumoured pre-contracts/deals:
Jordan White (ICT)
Ricki Lamie (Livingston)
Mark O'Hara (loan made permanent)

Edited by capt_oats

Will Turnbull stick around for long. I guess it all depends on how he starts the season and / or how he plays up to Xmas.

But if we were to get OHara as well as that midfield it would be the strongest outside the old firm in my opinion. 

Long stays which is still a long shot (excuse the pun) and another decent centre back for Gallacher and we would have a strong 1st team. I watched some of Longs goals back and he is probably one of the most gifted / natural finishers I have seen in many a year. He is clearly a talented boy and with a bit more application who knows. Easy to see why he was a huge prospect at Everton at one point. He has a strange attitude no doubt but I expect he may get a better offer down south.