Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

52 minutes ago, dezz said:

Good news lads, Bevis Mugabi’s Instagram story suggests he’s on the Ketones now. Big Pete Hartley must have taken a step up on the pyramid. 

Are Ketone sales the sole preserve of the journeyman defender? 

Simon Ramsden, Hartley, and now big Bevis. If only they contained an additive to improve the big man's footballing ability... 

18 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I appreciate we've had pretty shan luck in coming up against very good Celtic sides but it'd be nice if we had a bit more than Gavin Gunning hitting the crossbar and a Louis Moult header to discuss from our next three final appearances.

I just block out the actual game from the 2018 Scottish Cup final. What a fuckin day out I had though. 

21 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I appreciate we've had pretty shan luck in coming up against very good Celtic sides but it'd be nice if we had a bit more than Gavin Gunning hitting the crossbar and a Louis Moult header to discuss from our next three final appearances.

This is unfair. 

Bigirimana hit the bar as well. 

On 21/05/2020 at 11:39, Ron Aldo said:

9 years today since Stevie Hammell made his one and only appearance at centre mid.

Played in central midfield at Tannadice as well.

Anyway, seen as we're on that:
giphy.gif

That brings back memories. Cracking game. When you see the team line-ups, you could have made an incredible team from the two sets of players.

I remember saying it at the time, great technique from Goodwillie but surely that's high feet. And how did he not get booked for his earlier dive?

Was that the year we had a comfortable win in the replay with Murphy running riot and even Jeffers scoring?

2 hours ago, Swami said:

This is unfair. 

Bigirimana hit the bar as well. 

As did Moult in the 2017 LCF with a free kick which was the last kick of the ball.

Indeed in out last three Cup Finals, all have been against Celtic, we have lost all by at least two goals, have failed to score and have hit the bar in each one.

59 minutes ago, MJC said:

As did Moult in the 2017 LCF with a free kick which was the last kick of the ball.

Indeed in out last three Cup Finals, all have been against Celtic, we have lost all by at least two goals, have failed to score and have hit the bar in each one.

Gordon's save in the Betfred remains the best save I've seen live, probably. Obscene, and ultimately game changing.

2 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Gordon's save in the Betfred remains the best save I've seen live, probably. Obscene, and ultimately game changing.

It's the best save I've seen live since Craig Gordon touched a David Clarkson volley round the post from about 8 yards out at Tynecastle in the last minute. 

1 hour ago, thisGRAEME said:

Gordon has always been a magnificent shot stopper, his reflexes are ridiculously good. He's often caned for being poor with his distribution but he does the goalkeeping aspects of being a goalkeeper brilliantly.

14 hours ago, MJC said:

Gordon has always been a magnificent shot stopper, his reflexes are ridiculously good. He's often caned for being poor with his distribution but he does the goalkeeping aspects of being a goalkeeper brilliantly.

Atrocious at saving penalties for whatever reason.

2 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Replay of the Aberdeen semi-final...

Absolutely tuning in to watch Bad News Bowman and Baldy Main ragdoll international defender Kari Arnason and £8 million-rated Scott McKenna round Mount Florida. 

Edit: Underrated factor in this semi final is Chidi Nwakali getting absolutely eaten alive by Campbell & Grimshaw.

Edited by well fan for life

I got a very late call to go into hospitality for this game. Was swithering on whether to take it until my Dad mentioned it was complimentary bevvy all day...

It was one of the Skyboxes in the Main Stand. Guy hosting the room was a Hibs fan (no problem there) and after my Dad and I being the first guests there, he proceeds to tell us the seven other guests are all Aberdeen fans. 

Sensational scenes from the father & son from Motherwell in the post-match three course meal! 

Also, I think this match saved Grimshaw's Motherwell career. There were more than a few raised eyebrows when his name was announced in the starting XI, but he was incredible that day. He probably sealed his new contract that day and has gone on from strength to strength since. 

That's the club made a pledge on the season tickets.

We’re pledging that everyone who buys a season ticket for 2020/21 will get the full value of their purchase.

Almost 1,800 of you have already got your tickets for the campaign, far surpassing sales figures at this stage in normal years.

We understand that there is still no clarity over when football will resume for us, nor any prediction over when supporters will be able to attend matches again.

With that in mind, we will guarantee everyone who purchases, or has already purchased, a season ticket for 2020/21 will get the chance to attend 19 home league matches, whenever that is possible.

If that is not possible in 2020/21, we will offer you the chance to claim the credit value of the missing games back. This can either be used against the value of your season ticket for 2021/22, or if you don’t renew next year, you can claim the equivalent number of match tickets for games in 2021/22.

If matches are initially played behind closed doors, we pledge that you will not be adversely impacted.

For example, if five matches are played behind closed doors in 2020/21, you can choose to either have the value of those matches deducted from your season ticket cost for 2021/22, or we will give you the equivalent amount of match tickets for games in that season.

Everyone who buys a new season ticket will also be given free entry to our first UEFA Europa League match.