Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

35 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I was also at Pavement. I like Pavement a lot.

and if you think I'm diving head first into a YouTube wormhole for the rest of the afternoon then you'd be absolutely right. 

I was meant to be seeing Pavement at Primavera next month before the... unpleasantness started.

If this turns into a Pavement appreciation thread like the LCD one a while ago then I am very much here for it 

He really does stop the ball running out for a bye kick...he actually did that.

Still infuriates me every time I see it.

Being Motherwell fans we've seen our fair share of shite players but I don't think I can remember us having a team where so many shite players played together at one time. The thought of Craig Samson, Joe Chalmers, Ben Heneghan, Zak Jules, David Ferguson, Lee Lucas, Craig Clay and Jacob Blyth still gives me the fear.

We really were rank rotten that season.

I wasn’t really a fan of Heneghan and thought he was very, very average at best. After the season we had where we conceded 69 goals (only 2 less than relegated ICT) I was amazed we got some half decent cash for him.

He was alright. Nothing more, nothing less. The fact we got a fair bit of cash for him isn't his fault, but it's also miraculous and Sheffield Utd's good turn with this makes me want them to do well. £400k! :lol:

He seems be doing ok with Blackpool so fair play to him. We had a really good spell with our non-league buys around that time. Yes, there was a wee bit of shite, but Heneghan, Moult, Johnson & Bowman brought us the best part of £2m in transfer fees when you include Johnson's sell-on clause. I'm aware Bowman's fee was about £4.95 but he broke that Cream Bun's nose in the Semi Final. Top man. 

We've also had four years of Richard Tait being aw beautiful and hard as nails, while performing as a steady-Eddie full-back.  Successful period all in, IMO. 

He was alright. Nothing more, nothing less. The fact we got a fair bit of cash for him isn't his fault, but it's also miraculous and Sheffield Utd's good turn with this makes me want them to do well. £400k! :lol:

£400k?!

I always had it in my head we got £150k for him and thought that was a good bit of business. Mon the Blades.

£400k?!

I always had it in my head we got £150k for him and thought that was a good bit of business. Mon the Blades.

I was maybe a bit harsh on Heneghan. He wasn't brilliant but the fact that folk always laugh at how much money we got for him says a lot. Prime Paulo Maldini would probably have looked dug shite if you put him next to Zak Jules.

I also feel bad putting Craig Clay in there as he seemed a decent guy and always put in a shift - he just wasn't very good. See also Ryan Bowman.

The rest of them can get in the bin though. I'm convinced we would have been relegated that season had it not been for Moult, Mchugh and (to a certain extent) Tait.