Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

3 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I hate to burst your bubble but we found out a while ago it's actually Andy Stokes who was a physio at the time. 

Trust me if it was big Tony's I'd have snapped it up long ago. 

2 hours ago, well fan for life said:

I hate to burst your bubble but we found out a while ago it's actually Andy Stokes who was a physio at the time. 

Trust me if it was big Tony's I'd have snapped it up long ago. 

On the contrary, the revelation that somebody is punting counterfeit/misleading Tony Straker merch has made my day :lol:

1 hour ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

If we somehow manage to spin a global pandemic into a by to the Europa League group stages it might be the most establishment thing we've ever pulled off.

Given that we've qualified for Europe via a cup win, league finish, fair play and Champs League via Rangers' liquidation, I was pretty jaded with the whole qualification process - getting into a group stage via Global Pandemic would really spice things up.

16 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

The lack of any football is absolutely doing my nut in now. Might just start watching old games on YouTube with my scarf on. 

Yeh - it's shite.

A normal end of season has subtle signs that things are coming to an end that help you prepare - Players mentioning "the beach" in every interview, Neil Lennon complaining about POTY nominations, the club shop only having the away 'keeper top left in stock (in XXXXXXL) - but this sudden lack of games is a bit of a shock.

Joking aside, if the club or SPFL had a service where I could watch 90 min replays of old motherwell games for a reasonable price, I'd be all over it...

3 minutes ago, Swello said:

Yeh - it's shite.

A normal end of season has subtle signs that things are coming to an end that help you prepare - Players mentioning "the beach" in every interview, Neil Lennon complaining about POTY nominations, the club shop only having the away 'keeper top left in stock (in XXXXXXL) - but this sudden lack of games is a bit of a shock.

Joking aside, if the club or SPFL had a service where I could watch 90 min replays of old motherwell games for a reasonable price, I'd be all over it...

100%. Although there is this YouTube channel which has a fair few on. 

Does this mean I'm going to watch 180 minutes of the playoffs again? Absolutely yes. 

1 hour ago, well fan for life said:

100%. Although there is this YouTube channel which has a fair few on. 

Does this mean I'm going to watch 180 minutes of the playoffs again? Absolutely yes. 

I had never come across this youtube channel before, many thanks!

There's another one "Gobstopper68" which has plenty of good 'Well content too.

3 hours ago, Swello said:

On the monetising side the club do actually have a subscription service with (sporadic) full match replays going back to last season (the first one is the 3-1 win vs Dundee from last season). There are quite a few recent games that were almost certainly streamed live but don't seem to have been uploaded. https://tv.motherwellfc.co.uk/

In terms of actual old Motherwell games the sort of content that we'd all love to see  (eg: the full match versions of the sort of highlights you find in a YouTube trawl) I suppose there would be rights issues in terms of content and what not and clearly the further back we go the less likely the full match footage exists but an archive of that sort of stuff would be worth chucking £5.99 a month at tbh.

Also, @well fan for life - thank you. I hadn't seen that YouTube account either.

Edited by capt_oats

3 hours ago, capt_oats said:

On the monetising side the club do actually have a subscription service with (sporadic) full match replays going back to last season (the first one is the 3-1 win vs Dundee from last season). There are quite a few recent games that were almost certainly streamed live but don't seem to have been uploaded. https://tv.motherwellfc.co.uk/

In terms of actual old Motherwell games the sort of content that we'd all love to see  (eg: the full match versions of the sort of highlights you find in a YouTube trawl) I suppose there would be rights issues in terms of content and what not and clearly the further back we go the less likely the full match footage exists but an archive of that sort of stuff would be worth chucking £5.99 a month at tbh.

Also, @well fan for life - thank you. I hadn't seen that YouTube account either.

I remember in it's first form, before we put everything free-to-air on youtube before going full circle, MFCTV that you had to pay for gave you a "classic match" highlights on the Friday of a game against the team you were playing that week. 

Don't know if the goalposts have moved for their ability to do that now.

Not saying my Motherwell withdrawal is bad but I'm now sitting watching Tony Watt playing Fifa with Declan Gallagher and David Turnbull on Twitch. 
That was quality to be fair. Dec ripping both Sherwin and Ilic for fucking up seemed so genuine.

9 hours ago, MP_MFC said:
11 hours ago, well fan for life said:
Not saying my Motherwell withdrawal is bad but I'm now sitting watching Tony Watt playing Fifa with Declan Gallagher and David Turnbull on Twitch. 

That was quality to be fair. Dec ripping both Sherwin and Ilic for fucking up seemed so genuine.

Aye it definitely didn't sound like the first time he's said that 😂. I think he's making it a regular thing so I'm subscribing for sure.