Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

13 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Not to get into too much conspiracy theories but it we are going to sell him this summer then a new contract means nothing. I heard a few folk (not just Well Fans 4) were a bit pissed off with some of the Celtic stuff in the documentary. So signing a new deal is a nice PR move to get people off his back.

Seriously? Length of contract quite obviously has an effect on the bargaining position of the selling club.

This is twice now that the young baller has went out of his way to make sure Motherwell is protected.

In short, I fucking love David Turnbull. 

21 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Not to get into too much conspiracy theories but it we are going to sell him this summer then a new contract means nothing. I heard a few folk (not just Well Fans 4) were a bit pissed off with some of the Celtic stuff in the documentary. So signing a new deal is a nice PR move to get people off his back.

Hello. It means nothing from the POV he may still be offski.

It means everything in that it means Celtic or any other club will not be able just to piss us about come the summer knowing he only had one year left on his deal and offering relative peanuts v £3m+

It also means he keeps his status as a Demi god in my eyes and those of most Well fans. That we hopefully get to se him for a little longer !

Absolutely FKIN delighted at this news when all else is going down the pan......

Edit to add - just seen London Well post. 

Edited by welldaft

21 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Probably the worst piece of absolute drivel I have read on this forum for ages. 

Still at work and nearly wept when I saw the news.

Saw he started for the reserves as well so by my calculations there's still time for Turnbull to get double figures goals before the season is over.

Happy fucking days lads.

giphy.gif

39 minutes ago, Swello said:

So this puts him in the same place as he was last year - so a good end of the season, start to next and offski in August I assume? 

I'm not sure on the logic from DT's point of view unless there is a reasonable release clause in there....

Also - fantastic work from the club to get that done.

Did you draft the press release? 😄

"“I’ve missed most of this season, so this puts us back to pretty much where we were at this stage last year in terms of my deal, giving the club a little more protection as I was coming into the last year of my contract."

Link

20 hours ago, Dosser-fae-the-shire said:

Guess you’ll be keeping quiet now.

Yeah. I will just sit here and cringe at tossers like you wanking over a guy who wanted away from the club in the summer instead. 

He's one of your own.

5 hours ago, dirtydave said:

Yeah. I will just sit here and cringe at tossers like you wanking over a guy who wanted away from the club in the summer instead. 

He's one of your own.

Thank f**k there is not a virus sweeping the country or this guy would b seriously depressed.