Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I wonder if the Turnbull video has detailed engagement stats. Any impression from @Lisbon_1967_wan_star, @god_bless_Roy_Aitken or @Real_Pat_Bonner doesn't count frankly.

I've never been to a reserve game in my life - but when the team of Campbell, Cadden, Turnbull, etc were coming through, I felt I knew a bit about them by the time they hit the first team - and obviously, Crags gave good interview. The current young team (and assorted 1st team squad fillers) are an exotic mystery to me (and I guess anyone else with a "normal hours" job)... 

I don't really pay much attention to the compo/tribunal stuff because, in general, it really fucking bores me. Is it literally just a case of putting the numbers into a formula and applying it, or is there room for leeway and appeals? I.e, if Turnbull leaves on a free next summer could we point to teams valuing him at £3m last summer or winning YPotY as examples of his worth or would we still only be due roughly the same as Hastie/Cadden etc?

25 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I don't really pay much attention to the compo/tribunal stuff because, in general, it really fucking bores me. Is it literally just a case of putting the numbers into a formula and applying it, or is there room for leeway and appeals? I.e, if Turnbull leaves on a free next summer could we point to teams valuing him at £3m last summer or winning YPotY as examples of his worth or would we still only be due roughly the same as Hastie/Cadden etc?

There's a clause in the SPFL rules (page 58) that references criteria for consideration (in particular F22.6 "substantiated interest shown by other clubs in acquiring the services of the player") but that seems to be specifically related to a tribunal.

1849746746_ScreenShot2020-03-11at14_28_21.png.d37a7cc9a4f4e0effff611243734eea6.png

Edited by capt_oats

Fantastic news!

Some laugh after some of the drivel that got posted on here following the Documentary

This gives the club protection in terms of getting the money we accepted last summer and gives DT a nice wee wage bump. Win win.

Even if there is a release clause there is no chance that it will much less than we previously accepted (if any)

Edited by Luke92

So this puts him in the same place as he was last year - so a good end of the season, start to next and offski in August I assume? 

I'm not sure on the logic from DT's point of view unless there is a reasonable release clause in there....

Also - fantastic work from the club to get that done.

Edited by Swello

3 minutes ago, Swello said:

So this puts him in the same place as he was last year - so a good end of the season, start to next and offski in August I assume? 

I'm not sure on the logic from DT's point of view unless there is a reasonable release clause in there....

Also - fantastic work from the club to get that done.

Probably a big pay rise in his contract along side the release clause. Remember he was still being paid one of the lowest wages in the entire squad. Now I bet he will be near the top.

Not to get into too much conspiracy theories but it we are going to sell him this summer then a new contract means nothing. I heard a few folk (not just Well Fans 4) were a bit pissed off with some of the Celtic stuff in the documentary. So signing a new deal is a nice PR move to get people off his back.

15 minutes ago, Luke92 said:

Even if there is a release clause there is no chance that it will much less than we previously accepted (if any)

An optimistic thought.

£1 more than we accepted for Phil O'Donnell, so the club can still work the angle of a **RECORD FEE RECEIVED** in the summer.

19 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

It genuinely makes no sense unless he's the absolute soundest c**t in the world. 

Making the exact opposite career decisions than Jake Hastie seems a solid plan, tbf.