Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

7 minutes ago, dirtydave said:

Word is that Turnbull has rejected a new contract offer. Hopefully that ends the 'he's one of our own' shite sang by most of the bellends in our support.

I'm surprised you all didnt click that was coming the moment your club created that video about him a week or so back.

As clear a sign you're desperate to sell him in the next window as you'll likely ever see.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm surprised you all didnt click that was coming the moment your club created that video about him a week or so back.

As clear a sign you're desperate to sell him in the next window as you'll likely ever see.

It was always coming but thought maybe sign a deal and hope the club got some cash for him. 

Considering the abuse Hastie got when he signed a pre contract with Rangers , it will be interesting to see how the fans react to him signing for his beloved hoops. 

What a state to get yourself into. 

The boy already signed a new deal last January when he when he could have walked away for pennies. It’s hardly his fault he had a dodgy knee that required surgery.

He’s far too good for us, the idea he’s not a proper Motherwell fan unless he puts his own career on hold to sign another new deal at Fir Park is properly mental. Especially when he’s essentially already just lost a year of his career through no fault of his own. 

As for Hastie, I never had any issues with his decision. He cashed in on a real purple patch and set himself up for life, fair play to him. However as many of us predicted, his development and career have gone backwards as a result of said decision.  

Edited by Casagolda

Can't get excited about this at all as it's the most obvious turn of events imaginable. As far as I'm concerned, Turnbull effectively left last summer - if we get the chance to see him a few times more and he contributes to a high league finish - all good.

The only thing that is interesting is how much the transfer fee drops by...

1 hour ago, dirtydave said:

It was always coming but thought maybe sign a deal and hope the club got some cash for him. 

Considering the abuse Hastie got when he signed a pre contract with Rangers , it will be interesting to see how the fans react to him signing for his beloved hoops. 

Hiya Jake! Hiya pal! 

Totally his decision but as much as it not his fault he had a knee problem nor was it ours. By all accounts we have stood by him and invested a lot of time and energy to get him back to fitness. That has taken a full season and as a result his transfer value will have dropped by as much as 50% and that is assuming he can prove himself before the end of the season. 

Even if he signed another contract he would probably be sold at the same time but it would at least protect the club and his transfer value. Shame it has ended like this if true and as much as I would not want him to get any grief I would be and am a little disappointed- again if true. 

48 minutes ago, Swello said:

The only thing that is interesting is how much the transfer fee drops by...

You're over a barrel. He clearly wants to join Celtic desperately, and they won't bid high now after the embarrassment of last Summer, they'll try and make a point of signing him cheap.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You're over a barrel. He clearly wants to join Celtic desperately, and they won't bid high now after the embarrassment of last Summer, they'll try and make a point of signing him cheap.

Yep - that's the way they have always operated, so again, won't be vaguely surprised when it happens...

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Not shit Sherlock. Celtic have previous for this kind of behaviour before these types of circumstances present themselves. Still they may not even bid for him and sign him on a pre contract next Xmas. 
Would be a shame for the player and club. As clearly he has a good relationship with both the club and fans but this could turn a little ugly. Bit like Matty Kennedy but on a bigger and more high profile way 

1 hour ago, Casagolda said:

What a state to get yourself into. 

The boy already signed a new deal last January when he when he could have walked away for pennies. It’s hardly his fault he had a dodgy knee that required surgery.

He’s far too good for us, the idea he’s not a proper Motherwell fan unless he puts his own career on hold to sign another new deal at Fir Park is properly mental. Especially when he’s essentially already just lost a year of his career through no fault of his own. 

As for Hastie, I never had any issues with his decision. He cashed in on a real purple patch and set himself up for life, fair play to him. However as many of us predicted, his development and career have gone backwards as a result of said decision.  

Not getting myself in a state at all.  I couldn't give a toss about the lad. We are 3rd without him, we wouldn't have been any better off with him fit and in the team. Just annoys me all this 'oh i'm a Motherwell fan' shite. Sold his sole last summer . 

11 minutes ago, dirtydave said:

Not getting myself in a state at all.  I couldn't give a toss about the lad. We are 3rd without him, we wouldn't have been any better off with him fit and in the team. Just annoys me all this 'oh i'm a Motherwell fan' shite. Sold his sole last summer . 

Is that Dover or shoe sole.....I should not rise to the bait but that is garbage.

The club accepted the deal Celtic put on the table and most fans were happy with £3m +

He is a Motherwell fan and signed a contract extension initially when like Hastie he did not need too. This turn of events would be disappointing if true but since you started this line you must be confident it is true ? 

3 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

There will be an issue with a release clause. Club will want it high, player/agent will want it low.

I doubt we will get anything like we nearly did for him.

As part of the extension offer was we would reduce the money that triggered his release but insert more extras

Now I don’t know what it is but say it’s £2M then it’s still £2M so unless anyone triggers it he stays 

9 hours ago, dirtydave said:

Aye there was definitely something fishy about the whole affair