Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

4 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

I’m guessing the reason it was deleted then was to provide the YouTube link to the longer version of the video as it’s 40mins long. Twitter only allows 9.59mins of video. 

Aye. The full 40 mins guy is below...it came up on my YouTube notifications (I've not watched it yet)

I've now watched it all, I enjoyed it.

Self indulgent? Yeh, that's probably fair but I thought it was a very well put together piece. My respect for the boy was pretty much maxed out anyway but was nice to get an insight into his recovery.

15 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I think this might be the moment our social media output has descended into self parody.

It is now100% a parody. had been at about 95% for a while. Believing their own hype that no one wnats updates during a match etc.

This is a video to sell Turnbull. "Here's how great he was, look he's better".
He's 100% knocked back the new offer

(all guess work)

40 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Alann? Never heard of him

To be fair, I'd rather have Alana Campbell in our midfield than whoever the f**k Ali McCann is. 

46 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

It is now100% a parody. had been at about 95% for a while. Believing their own hype that no one wnats updates during a match etc.

This is a video to sell Turnbull. "Here's how great he was, look he's better".
He's 100% knocked back the new offer

(all guess work)

I am particularly looking forward to the incoming offer from Celtic in the Summer of £500k + add ons. 
Not given up hope that he signs (even a 1 year extension) but this offer must have been on the table for a wee while now.  To be fair to him he signed an extension initially unlike Hastie. 
More importantly he regains his form from end of last season. 

1 hour ago, well fan for life said:

I saw it pop up earlier and thought we'd get a wee 4-5 minute montage of him being a fucking baller.

38 minutes seems self-indulgent. Haven't watched it yet, mind.

I've just watched the whole thing.

I'm genuinely quite conflicted...on one hand @YassinMoutaouakil's right it's an actual 40 min documentary and it's difficult to get past that. As a concept it's an unusual thing for a mid-table Scottish Premiership side to do for a bit of #content. Self indulgent? Maybe aye. Self important? A bit. Pushing the brand - absolutely.

On the other hand, as @Mr Hahn says, it's well put together and it's an insight into his rehab and recovery which is very relevant to my interests and...yeah, I enjoyed it.

giphy.gif

Edited by capt_oats

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

This is a video to sell Turnbull.

Yes it is.

Of course, we're all happy that the boy has got through this and it is quite interesting to see behind the scenes stuff if you're the kind of saddo that hangs about on here - but 40-odd mins is pushing it a lot IMO, especially as I had to look at both Neil Lennon and Scott Brown during that time.  It was very nicely shot and put together as we've come to expect (although I did find having the word "London" in front of Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament with some routemaster buses going past, quite funny).

Knowing the way we are treating media output now, this is about all about getting the brand back up and running without a doubt - and if I was to be unnecessarily cynical, I would think the fact that ending the film using a sub appearance in a drab loss against St Mirren instead of waiting for a shot of him scoring a goal over the next few weeks means that there is a timetable in mind... 

8 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

In all honesty, I noticed Ali McCann got praise two weeks running at one point, so I assume he's great now.

Heavy suggestions he'll get his first senior International call up in the next window too.

23 minutes ago, dirtydave said:

Who actually made the Turnbull video? Motherwell's media team or Celtic's ? Rather sickening to hear him talk about how great Celtic are.

In a way yes. I have equal loathing for the Old firm but if I look at it from a career trajectory then Celtic are a good team. Win every bloody trophy going and can pay the lad many multiples that we can. Play in the Champions League (qualifiers anyway). 

He is hardly going to dis Celtic and chances are he will quite probably end up back there and we will have a few £ in the bank. As I said earlier better for us if he signs a contract extension as there is NO way Celtic will come back in with £3m + with one season left on his existing contract. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:
Heavy suggestions he'll get his first senior International call up in the next window too.

C'mon. He plays with St Johnstone. He will be seriously considered once he moves on to Barnsley or who ever else.

54 minutes ago, dirtydave said:

Who actually made the Turnbull video? Motherwell's media team or Celtic's ? Rather sickening to hear him talk about how great Celtic are.

It's a video to sell him to Celtic in the Summer.

Edited by Busta Nut

5 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

C'mon. He plays with St Johnstone. He will be seriously considered once he moves on to Barnsley or who ever else.

Tbf it wont be with Scotland.