Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

24 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

It's pretty inevitable now isnt it? Of the 3 teams Celtic can possibly play I dont see any of them being able to threaten them. Of course with our luck we are going to end up finishing 5th, but if we can pick up a few wins in the next few games it will give us a big boost for a top 4 finish.

Our next 4 games are all winnable with the 5th being rangers away (cant see more than a point from that game). Afterwars everyone will be playing each other so having some gap between us and 5th will be essential.

To be honest I'm fully expecting us to finish 4th and Obika to score the winner in the final.

It's pretty inevitable now isnt it? Of the 3 teams Celtic can possibly play I dont see any of them being able to threaten them. Of course with our luck we are going to end up finishing 5th, but if we can pick up a few wins in the next few games it will give us a big boost for a top 4 finish.
Our next 4 games are all winnable with the 5th being rangers away (cant see more than a point from that game). Afterwars everyone will be playing each other so having some gap between us and 5th will be essential.
Our last 3 games have all been very much in the winnable category. In fact, games where you'd be looking for us to go on a run. Two late goals and we're on one point out of 9.

On 28/02/2020 at 16:26, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

MacIver scored a great goal up at county but it is clear he isn't good enough for this level. A lesser Bob McHugh imo.

Ndjoli was garbage for Killie. 2 goals in 24 games.

Plenty Killie fans came in and gave their opinion when we signed him.

I think that's harsh on Maciver, i think he has done okay all things considering, you need to remember this is his first shot at first team football. When James scott made his breakthrough I can't have been the only one who didn't understand the hype? 1 million pounds later.....

As for Ndojli, we had the same comments from Bury fans when we signed Aldred, worst player in there history, he turned out no bad? Jake Carroll as well was slated by Partick fans, done a good job for us so far. 

23 hours ago, Neil86 said:

As for Ndojli, we had the same comments from Bury fans when we signed Aldred, worst player in there history, he turned out no bad? Jake Carroll as well was slated by Partick fans, done a good job for us so far. 

True, and look how it worked out for Bury?

Take note, Thistle.

On 28/02/2020 at 16:26, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

MacIver scored a great goal up at county but it is clear he isn't good enough for this level. A lesser Bob McHugh imo.

Ndjoli was garbage for Killie. 2 goals in 24 games.

Plenty Killie fans came in and gave their opinion when we signed him.

2 goals in 24 games is a very lazy way of looking at it.

If you're talking to specifically league statistics, he scored twice in 544 minutes, which essentially equates to 2 goals in 6 full games. A "one in three" ratio is hard enough to achieve when you are starting every week, but even harder when it's ten minutes here, twenty minutes there.

I don't think this guy will be our saviour, but perhaps a bit premature writing him off.

Some footballers are just made of glass. 

Not good timing for Charlie as I believe he is out of contract this summer.  Hard to see us offering him a deal and as much as I liked him we simply cannot afford to carry such an injury prone player. 

4 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

We have previous for ‘looking after’ injured players but it would be on much reduced wages I’d imagine.

At last year's AGM, Alan Burrows in reference to Tanner, said that they wouldn't just cut someone free when they were injured - that they would try to "leave them as they found them" - but yes, it would be on reduced wages....

1 minute ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

The club Twitter/YouTube have just posted a video about Turnbull and then immediately deleted it, anyone catch it before it went down? Accidental new contract leak?

If it’s the one on Facebook it’s the story of his move to Celtic/recovery at Motherwell. Still up on FB from what I can see.

The club Twitter/YouTube have just posted a video about Turnbull and then immediately deleted it, anyone catch it before it went down? Accidental new contract leak?

I watched it. No contract news I’m afraid.

I really didn’t get it. It was essentially 9 minutes of DT saying he’s gutted that the move collapsed, which is obviously fair enough from his point of view but nothing particularly new from a motherwell point of view.

If it had been more about how his rehab went etc then fair enough but it was mainly clips of the ‘saga’ from sky sports and then DT talking about how it was all difficult to get his head round when it all broke down.

Edit: hang on, they’ve just posted another part... hoping this is the contract extension instalment.

6 minutes ago, dezz said:

I watched it. No contract news I’m afraid.

I really didn’t get it. It was essentially 9 minutes of DT saying he’s gutted that the move collapsed, which is obviously fair enough from his point of view but nothing particularly new from a motherwell point of view.

If it had been more about how his rehab went etc then fair enough but it was mainly clips of the ‘saga’ from sky sports and then DT talking about how it was all difficult to get his head round when it all broke down.

I’m guessing the reason it was deleted then was to provide the YouTube link to the longer version of the video as it’s 40mins long. Twitter only allows 9.59mins of video. 

Edited by Londonwell

9 hours ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

2 goals in 24 games is a very lazy way of looking at it.

If you're talking to specifically league statistics, he scored twice in 544 minutes, which essentially equates to 2 goals in 6 full games. A "one in three" ratio is hard enough to achieve when you are starting every week, but even harder when it's ten minutes here, twenty minutes there.

I don't think this guy will be our saviour, but perhaps a bit premature writing him off.

Ndjoli did ok for us, he was very rarely played through the centre either when he did get off the bench.