Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

48 minutes ago, Dosser-fae-the-shire said:

Sure he almost scored from kick off in that game too.

It was a free kick from about 45 yards. An utterly bizarre game that one. Hibs were horrific and I'm pretty sure they emptied Sauzee after this. 

I remember going to Ibrox in the next game and the air of expectation when we brought Ferrere on again was quite funny. Unsurprisingly, we got humped. 

When is the Scottish Cup draw? 

Celtic (more than likely)

Rangers

Aberdeen or Killie

Hibs (more than likely)

Hearts

St Johnstone

Inverness CT

Will be a tricky tie should we get past St Mirren. 

Simply, because I've never seen it since - The Strange Case of David Ferere: Small man in vast shorts scores an "identical hatrick" as a substitute on his debut, does nothing of note again and is made redundant after about 5 games.

To be fair, he didn't get that much of a chance to do much else as we made him redundant a few months later. And yes, he probably should have had a fourth.

33 minutes ago, Desp said:

When is the Scottish Cup draw? 

Celtic (more than likely)

Rangers

Aberdeen or Killie

Hibs (more than likely)

Hearts

St Johnstone

Inverness CT

Will be a tricky tie should we get past St Mirren. 

I would only fear Celtic and to a lesser degree Rangers.

This is a proper case of The Mandela Effect, but up until I saw that video there I would have sworn that Ferrer game was at Easter Road. I actually have (obviously false) memories of it and can see it in my head!

Either of the Old Firm at home please. I don't really give a f**k about a day out at Hampden by this point unless we're going there to win the cup. Fancy us to get a result against them at this stage far more than in a semi or final.

Edited by YassinMoutaouakil

38 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Either of the Old Firm at home please. I don't really give a f**k about a day out at Hampden by this point unless we're going there to win the cup. Fancy us to get a result against them at this stage far more than in a semi or final.

I've got to this point - if we get past St Mirren,  give us Celtic at home as that would be our best chance to actually win the bloody thing.

19 minutes ago, nsr said:

That David Ferrere game was surreal. Everyone who's pish at football seems to have that one magical day where every single thing goes right and they look like a world beater. That was his.

See also: Crawford Baptie vs Dundee.

Edited by Gallus Numpty

4 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Ok spill the beans 

Ha! It's just a guess but Harry Robinson (Son of Stephen) was released by Oldham early last week.

I noticed a tweet in his replies suggesting he was coming up here but looking at the guy's account he seems quite the fucking oddball.

Going by the Oldham announcement he was released after the window closed so it'd explain the 'trialist' patter.

14 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I noticed a tweet in his replies suggesting he was coming up here but looking at the guy's account he seems quite the fucking oddball.

Not sure about Harry Robinson but my eyes have certainly been opened to the world of cultural Marxist conspiracy theories.