Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Moving away from the bit for a second.

Clearly everyone's aware of #TONY's reputation but given the last 3 games we've either started an Academy player as a #9, chucked Bevis Mugabi up front or thrown on Seedorf/Manzinga/MacIver/Ilic and asked them to change a game then while he's clearly not Moult getting Watt in as an experienced option is as good a punt as we're going to get given the circumstances.

This is where we are...we saw the front 3 rotating on Wednesday against Celtic I'd guess that'll be what we're looking to do going forward.

2032324281_ScreenShot2020-02-07at11_54_01.png.1065d57fdc6987bbbd9818db996b39fe.png

Fair play to the club btw. I had a slight concern that we might just look at the 3rd place and decide that we're safe with a good chance of Top 6 so choose to count the James Scott money and stick with the bodies we had running the risk of letting the season drift a bit rather than try and address the issue - especially after having been burnt by McCormack last season. 

Robinson's "we're a club that develops players" line tied in with that sort of angle as well when we were chucking MacIver and Manzinga in.

If it works out then great, if not then at least we didn't just sit on our hands.

Anyway, back to the patter...#WELCOMETONY

Edited by capt_oats

2 minutes ago, nsr said:

After all this he'd better actually be halfway decent. Imagine if he made the return of Ross McCormack look good.

A look at his stats on wiki doesn't exactly inspire massive confidence, but after that Livi game then I'm  pretty keen to clutch any straws that are going, tbqh.

Also, there are quite a few mentions of bust-ups in his history.  Hopefully any 'big-time-charlie' tendencies have been knocked out of him by now. 

So Toxic Tony gets yet another pay day 😂..That guy must have made a fortune in signing on fees and severance pay.There is no doubt that he has ability (as he has shown at many of the 12 clubs that he has in tbe last 10 years).You should be OK on a short term deal as he generally gives up after the third month...I believe he wanted to come back to Saints and TW said Nah !

Edited by Lang Toon Saintee