Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

19 minutes ago, Mitch said:

He took them to the play off finals but lost the final. I'm sure he also took them up to the Premiership in his first stint

We have moved on a lot since McCall was with us.

He was a player back then (and celebrated by falling off a motor pished!)

He did have a short temporary spell in charge in the Premiership years just before Jim Jeffries took over. 

1 hour ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Watt approached us... 

Hes seemingly been going around all the clubs, or his agent has, for the past 3/4 weeks.

23 hours ago, well fan for life said:

Personally I haven't been this excited for a Tony since the arrival of our lord & saviour...

I haven't been this excited for a Tony since 1986 when I collected enough vouchers from the Frosties packet to get a lovely new bowl. 

I mean generally as a rule - f**k The Sun but they've a quote in that article the wasn't reported yesterday.

Speaking on Tuesday, Robinson said: “Tony stays locally and he has come in and used our facilities. He is a great lad and a very good player.

“If money was available, Tony was keen and we were keen on it, then everyone would have to be happy about a move."

Tbh that article sounds a lot like an agent putting his client's name out to fish for offers but also the line that was being put out yesterday was the first part of that quote ie: that he was just using our facilities and there wasn't any expectation either side.

There was no mention of anyone actively considering anything.

That additional bit from Robinson changes things a wee bit...

HWFG lads....#ANNOUNCETONY

Edited by capt_oats

35 minutes ago, The_Craig said:

He's scoring the winner on Saturday, isn't he?

I'm in the home end and he'll score the winner and I'll get huckled out.

If he does you'll find me cuddling f**k out of him at the front of the stand. Book it.

53 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Tbh that article sounds a lot like an agent putting his client's name out to fish for offers

His agents been talking to multiple clubs for weeks, so I doubt hes trying to push for any more offers. I'd say it's fairly certain he'll sign for you.

We apparently refused to speak to him, so take from that what you will.

1 hour ago, weemac said:

Just that URL makes me laugh - got to love a bit of SEO. Celtic has precisely nothing to do with this impending marquee signing...

52 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

His agents been talking to multiple clubs for weeks, so I doubt hes trying to push for any more offers. I'd say it's fairly certain he'll sign for you.

Aye. I mean - he's at the club, we're a body down from the start of the last window, he's more experienced than our other options and he's from the area. I'd guess he also knows a load of the players at the club as well as folk like Burrows. In that respect he ticks a load of boxes for us.

What I was getting at was that yesterday there was apparently no commitment from either side, today he's "edging" towards a deal and it's "looking likely he'll sign". there's a hint of his agent flying a kite before deciding whether to commit to any offer or not. 

Clearly I'm all aboard the #ANNOUNCETONY bus but it feels like the article is addressed to the multiple clubs he's apparently been talking to.

Edited by capt_oats

We apparently refused to speak to him, so take from that what you will.
I take from that the fact that Tommy Wright would start a fight with his own shadow.

1 hour ago, MP_MFC said:

I take from that the fact that Tommy Wright would start a fight with his own shadow.

*shrugs*

we've a history of returning players, including ones TW has fallen out with before.