Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

The list of free-agent centre forwards (I looked at last played for England's top five divisions, plus Premiership/Championship up here) tells me that there isn't a game-changing centre-forward out there that we can bring in to improve us, unless it's a massive left-field option.

Marc Antoine-Fortune, Kenny Miller or Kris Doolan aren't going to rectify the situation.

5 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

The list of free-agent centre forwards (I looked at last played for England's top five divisions, plus Premiership/Championship up here) tells me that there isn't a game-changing centre-forward out there that we can bring in to improve us, unless it's a massive left-field option.

Marc Antoine-Fortune, Kenny Miller or Kris Doolan aren't going to rectify the situation.

#ANNOUNCEADEBAYOR

Putting on my Football Manager head and acknowledging that I have no idea what our remaining budget is (if any), the following strikers are currently showing as being free agents on Transfermarkt -

Victor Anichebe
Bradley Wright-Phillips
Emmanuel Adebayor
Anthony Stokes
Leon Best
Nicklas Bendtner
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas

Those are just the ones I've heard of and obviously some (if not all) most likely are outwith budget. The point i'm trying to make is that there is plenty of options out there and, like most, I'd be disappointed if we weren't at least on the lookout for a big lump to stick up front when plan A isn't working.

#announcelordbendtner

19 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Those are just the ones I've heard of and obviously some (if not all) most likely are outwith budget. The point i'm trying to make is that there is plenty of options out there and, like most, I'd be disappointed if we weren't at least on the lookout for a big lump to stick up front when plan A isn't working.

#announcelordbendtner

Pretty much. (Tony Stokes looks like he's away back o Iran btw)

I think everyone is sympathetic to the circumstances ie: bid came in late, it was good value etc and we seem to have managed to get a deal done to bring someone in but equally I'd hope there's a bit of latitude to take a breath and look at what other options are out there.

Edited by capt_oats

5 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Including Ciftci, is this the second time we've managed to literally will a signing into existence? Pie and Bovril Motherwell supporters club is fucking MASSIVE.

Third, chuck in Casagolda.

Anyone follow Declan on instagram btw?

The problem with our vast smorgasbord of forwards is that there is very little in the way of proven options (Long is the closest thing) and there is  clearly a risk that none of them will be what we need. Watt has had a chequered career to say the least but just having someone who has played in the league and knowing what we would get feels like a good thing at the moment. 

Selling Scott for that sort of money was completely the right thing to do IMO - but given that being in 3rd place is a rare thing for us (and has relied to some extent on lots of other teams having a bad season so far), we can't allow the season to fizzle out with the cry of "at least we made a profit" for the want of a striker. The money is undeniably there to do it, so yep - #ANNOUNCETONY