Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

We won’t stand in your way if you want to take Curtis Main home.

Thanks but think after a lot of consideration we will pass....

Just now, MP_MFC said:

How anyone can be unhappy about getting over a million quid and a sell on for a player less proven than Lee Erwin is beyond me.

I get your point and I know we work in a different market but I think Scott is a better player than Erwin was and has fantastic skill. He is still raw but I am more confident Scott will have a much better career than Erwin. I think this is a big loss for us. 

Still got Turnbull to come back and Ilic looks like he will get the chance to prove himself. 

If it's £1M then you can't really blame the club for accepting it especially given that we're talking about a 19 year old kid who's not actually played a full season for us.

However it's still gutting and frustrating that yet again we are losing an up and coming youngster - not to mention someone who is becoming a key player in our first team - after only really half a season of being a regular first team player. I know we're a 'selling club' and all that, but it makes you wonder just what the point is when we're lucky to even get one season out of the players we develop nowadays. In the last year alone we've lost Hastie, McKinstry and now Scott and would have lost Turnbull but for injury.

I think also unless we can bring in another striker before the window shuts tonight then we can forget about 3rd place this season. 

26 minutes ago, Swello said:

Would Scott only be our 3rd £1m+ transfer (without add-ons) after Phil and Faddy?

Cedric Kipre, no?

I imagine this will tie in with the Bowen to West Ham move, but it'll be a great move for the lad in all seriousness.  As much as I think we should have held out for more money, I can imagine it would be difficult call to tell a guy who's probably on less than a grand a week we're turning down over £1m for him.

If it goes through, I wish him all the best (purely for the fact any half decent player in the Championship moves for about £15m and we'll have a sell-on...)

2 minutes ago, Desp said:

Cedric Kipre, no?

I imagine this will tie in with the Bowen to West Ham move, but it'll be a great move for the lad in all seriousness.  As much as I think we should have held out for more money, I can imagine it would be difficult call to tell a guy who's probably on less than a grand a week we're turning down over £1m for him.

If it goes through, I wish him all the best (purely for the fact any half decent player in the Championship moves for about £15m and we'll have a sell-on...)

Kipre was £750k according to our accounts (and we have sell-on and some add-ons that I assume haven't been triggered yet)

2 minutes ago, Swello said:

Kipre was £750k according to our accounts (and we have sell-on and some add-ons that I assume haven't been triggered yet)

Fair enough.  I just remember 'Flow mentioning it had the potential to be one of the most lucrative transfers in our history.  Would imagine that'll be in relation to the add-ons and potential sell-on. 

IIRC, Marvin Johnson's fee (if you include the sell-on fee we received following his move to Middlesbrough) was £1m or thereabouts.  Of course, I'm only basing it on the reports of the fees at the time.  £600k from Motherwell to Oxford & £3m from Oxford to Middlesbrough.  The original £600k + 20% of the profit of the next transfer (20% of £2.4m = £480k).  I have never read the accounts to see what came in.