Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

That's MacIver's contract extension confirmed. Good lad.

As a wee note on housekeeping. That's us seen contracts/extensions for the following since the summer:

09/07/19 - David Devine - 2021
23/07/19 - Allan Campbell - 2021 (improved contract)
02/10/19 - Liam Donnelly - 2022
13/12/19 - Dean Cornelius - 2021
07/01/20 - Trevor Carson - 2022
15/01/20 - Liam Grimshaw - 2022
28/01/20 - Ross MacIver - 2021

Leaves the following out of contract in the summer:
Ferguson, Gillespie, Tait, Hartley, Dunne, Livingstone, Maguire, Long, Manzinga, Ilic

Loans expiring:
O'Hara, Ndjoli

Edited by capt_oats

4 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Leaves the following out of contract in the summer:
Ferguson, Gillespie, Tait, Hartley, Dunne, Livingstone, Maguire, Long, Manzinga, Ilic

Loans expiring:
O'Hara, Ndjoli

Realistically, there’s a lot of meh there isn’t there? I’d be hoping we could keep a good few, but in all honesty the lot listed there shouldn’t be overly difficult to replace. Long would be the one I’d be most keen to keep I think, but that’s probably based on his current form in addition the the fact we have no other strikers at the minute. Gillespie you’d obviously hope would extend but then again, do we really need 2 first team keepers? (and the wages that’d cost) Looks to me like it might be more sensible to sign up Ferguson as back up and have faith in Carson to play as first choice next year

Hartley and Dunne have also been good servants and if the manager trusts them/can’t get better options, then they’re clearly worth keeping around.

I’d also want to keep the projects (Ilic and Manzinga) on the go, unless their wages were being chucked into something much better (and proven at this level) if that was at all possible. Certainly worth another year though surely?

Also wouldn’t mind if we could get O’Hara permanently. A very Robinson type player that I think has offered enough in recent weeks to merit a contract if it can be offered.

I mean, I love Richard Tait, but from his last few outings, he looks done at this level. Think Livingstone is also as good as gone at this point, which is quite a shame considering how exciting he could be at U21 level. Much in the way of the bold DT23, he hasn’t appeared to have transitioned to first team football as well as we’d have liked. Unsure on Maguire still as well.

Edited by CSmith

1 hour ago, Gianfranco said:

I cannot for the life of me find my Well Society number. 1059 tickets sold for St Mirren as of 6pm via Flow on twitter so I’d better get calling tomorrow.

Aye, same. I just gave my name and details pal and they sorted it over the phone. 

2 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

I cannot for the life of me find my Well Society number. 1059 tickets sold for St Mirren as of 6pm via Flow on twitter so I’d better get calling tomorrow.

17 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Aye, same. I just gave my name and details pal and they sorted it over the phone. 

I never got sent anything when I signed up. See folk with cards etc. I got nothing.

I posted this in the scottish cup thread, but we have less than 50 tickets left for the St Mirren cup tie. That means over 1550 have been sold so that's a brilliant turn out. shame it will end  with us being punted out of the cup. You know big attendances and all.

I never got sent anything when I signed up. See folk with cards etc. I got nothing.

Busta I’m the same with this.

I see folk getting hospitality through the Society and gifts but I get hee haw and have put a good few bob into it.

Actually pissing me off a bit.

On 28/01/2020 at 13:57, capt_oats said:

From a quick check he'd be the physical alternative to Chris Long we may have been trying to get hold of (or from watching the video below he can play in the same area as Seedorf & Hylton). We've been linked with folk like Brian Graham and Jordan White already this season.

Out of contract at the end of the season, 11 goals in 27 games this season and he's a 6ft 2 unit.

HIs name popped up in a Tweet earlier today. Tbh, I thought it was just some nonsense account (16 followers).

Still strongly on the #ANNOUNCETONY bus though.

Totally based off the videos and goal stats this season it’s enough for me to sign him. Looks an absolute unit and has that “versatility” we look for. Has all the attributes we seem to want so makes sense.

1 hour ago, wellboy1991 said:

Busta I’m the same with this.

I see folk getting hospitality through the Society and gifts but I get hee haw and have put a good few bob into it.

Actually pissing me off a bit.

Ach i am easy but I have no reference to the fact I am a member.

Did Moult say anything new that he hasn't said in the 4 or 5 other things he's done previously?

20 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Ach i am easy but I have no reference to the fact I am a member.

Did Moult say anything new that he hasn't said in the 4 or 5 other things he's done previously?

He hasn’t addressed the Sinclair situation