Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

22 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Speaking purely in hypotheticals, in the absence of a James McFadden/Scott McDonald-type former club icon landing in our lap realistically what sort of experienced forward is available at the moment and could possibly be an option to rotate with Long off the bench?

Lads let me tell you, it's not a route I'd be keen on going down....

1809547494_ScreenShot2020-01-26at11_18_06.png.b4e97f7f4760c90c638fbdf29e85ce03.png

Weird choice of photo tbh, but aye we should bring back Lionel I agree.

3 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Weird choice of photo tbh, but aye we should bring back Lionel I agree.

That is, of course, a route that I am very much in favour of going down.

Make it happen Burrows.

Bring him home.

Spoiler

Edited by capt_oats

3 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Devante Cole ends up signing on loan again on deadline day. We love signing former players.

Would certainly welcome him back as he’s a decent player... however I do think we can get better!

11 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

who was visiting with Moult

Was lucky to have his company for an hour to record the Longer Listen, should be out on Tuesday.

It's only been a few years since he left, but it was a very nice reminder of how much he contributed during his time with us. Both on and off the park. 

Edited by AndyRoss

Link

MacIver signing a new deal. 

I thought he was decent enough on Saturday. Good touch, always looking to bring the ball down and linked the play well.

Perhaps lacked the physicality to really trouble the Hibs centre backs but we can work on that I suppose.  

54 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

Link

MacIver signing a new deal. 

I thought he was decent enough on Saturday. Good touch, always looking to bring the ball down and linked the play well.

Perhaps lacked the physicality to really trouble the Hibs centre backs but we can work on that I suppose.  

Aye, it's not a massive surprise but good all the same - he's been here all of 6 months, arrived without any fanfare having been released by County and he's already around the first team and seems to be chipping in goals for the Reserves on a fairly regular basis so you'd think an extra year would have been pretty straightforward to sort out.

Manzinga also has an option for a 2nd year so seeing as we're putting him up for press and he's been getting some minutes here and there I'd imagine that would be activated assuming he's up for it and going by his chat in that interview he seems to be a bit more settled now. Then again, I suppose he could end up doing a "Gorrin".

I see Burns is also mentioning that we're still "in talks" with Long and Turnbull about extensions. Fine on both counts, excellent on the latter - if it happens.

I'll not lie I'd be keen for us to be offering an extra year (or two) to Gallagher, Polworth and Campbell at this point as well.

I suppose all that sort of stuff feeds into the question prioritising between securing our "assets" and the trade-off of us "needing" a new striker.

Edited by capt_oats

This season, we've got the very unusual luxury of being 99% sure of being in the Top 6 in January so it should be possible to steal a bit of a march on most of our peers, who aren't sure where they will end up yet. That should mean that we can try to tie up the players that want to and maybe try for some others on pre-contract. The upshot should hopefully be that we don't have a huge rebuild this summer...

23 hours ago, MP_MFC said:

I've heard a few people say they'd take a look at Miller. I cannot disagree more. He's dressing room poison by all accounts and would go against our entire ethos.

Thankfully he is meant to be signing for Raith Rovers and was at their game on Saturday.