Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I doubt they will serve him his notice whilst it’s going through the legal system.
Its more likely they will suspend him on full pay during this period.
I thought gardening leave was a suspension?

I stand corrected.

Understandable none of those "expected" hearts/Hibs offers came in. They must have been itk

This, alongside the previous bullying claims made against Robinson make him appear to be a very unsavoury character.

I don't think the club should do anything until he's convicted for it though. Definitely shouldn't be placed on gardening leave or anything like that.

Even if convicted - I'd expect Motherwell to stick by him (If he's still doing well) as there's absolutely zero morals in football and you'd only spite yourself as no doubt a league rival would just snap him up.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

This, alongside the previous bullying claims made against Robinson make him appear to be a very unsavoury character.

The bloke in your avatar is in court next month for (allegedly) hurling homophobic abuse at two guys, so...

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

The bloke in your avatar is in court next month for (allegedly) hurling homophobic abuse at two guys, so...

Yes - and? Does that take away from Robinson's character? Strange thing to jump on. 

10 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Even if convicted - I'd expect Motherwell to stick by him (If he's still doing well) as there's absolutely zero morals in football and you'd only spite yourself as no doubt a league rival would just snap him up.

Yes, I've never quite understand why a current employer has to empty a miscreant immediately, yet it's OK for them to take up another identical job somewhere else after some arbitrary period of time has elapsed.  I'm calling this "The Ched Evans Effect", and I don't care it that's in bad taste.

2 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Look at aw the vultures in here, trying to pick MFC apart.

Wouldnae worry about it mate, a conviction isnt a bar to working in football management.

Just ask #LivipharmaceuticalsFC