Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Anyone here got a legal background/ assaulted someone before? What's the worst case scenario- jail time?

If it is a common assault and he never punched, slapped or otherwise struck her then he won't go to jail. A fine and a community payback order is the worst he will face.

You can be jailed for 6 months for assault but with current sentencing guidelines (fewer short sentences) only repeat offenders go to prison for it.

Anyone here got a legal background/ assaulted someone before? What's the worst case scenario- jail time?

I don’t fit into either category but SR will probably have a decent solicitor, if found guilty I’d be very surprised if he got a custodial sentence. A few hours’ community work would be the outcome I’d think. The state of the relationship right now will play a big part in it too, probably.

Probably puts to bed any chance he has of getting the Northern Ireland job. 
Of course everything would hang on the outcome of court case as it should, but if there is CCTV footage and it happened then it puts the club in an awkward situation. They may well want to stand by him but I am not sure how they can. 
I would want him gone if guilty. 

53 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

He will not get anything like jail time. True or not, shady or not, for pinning someone against a wall he'd get a fine.

Edinburgh polis tried to get me done with police assault a few years ago, it was 100% a lot of shite and they seemed to refuse to show at the court dates. It was costig me in lawyers fees so I bargained for a breach of the peace and got a fine. Lawyer said even if it was the police assualt I got hit with I would have got a bigger fine.

6 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

If he's doing that in a public place then there is a high chance it'll either have happened before or happen again in private.

That's how these type of folk work.

There was claims of bullying young players made against him 2 years ago.

He will not get anything like jail time. True or not, shady or not, for pinning someone against a wall he'd get a fine.
Edinburgh polis tried to get me done with police assault a few years ago, it was 100% a lot of shite and they seemed to refuse to show at the court dates. It was costig me in lawyers fees so I bargained for a breach of the peace and got a fine. Lawyer said even if it was the police assualt I got hit with I would have got a bigger fine.
Things that never happened.