Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Seeing the chatter of the lad from Bournemouth (my English team) having watched a few of their u23 games he’s an excellent player can score goals and lightning fast, so could prove to be a good option. As mentioned previously he did okay at Killie when played with a few stunning goals but struggled for starts and seems to be similar to his time at Gillingham. However at this point I’m willing to be very positive about this signing as it won’t cost too much and there won’t be much in that market to work with, always hard at this time. We have a habit of making loan players very good.

Rather bizarre half time interlude on RMC Sports there, appeared to be some skinny French guy on speed, roaming about Motherwell talking to anyone and no one, before watching them getting pumped off Hamilton a few weeks back. Not entirely sure what to make of it.

6 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Rather bizarre half time interlude on RMC Sports there, appeared to be some skinny French guy on speed, roaming about Motherwell talking to anyone and no one, before watching them getting pumped off Hamilton a few weeks back. Not entirely sure what to make of it.

Some context here. Big Renaud just seems to love the 'well.

"Yer a disgrace!"

Spoiler

Edited by capt_oats

At the Killie home game in October there was an American boy in the pie queue telling folk he'd played as Motherwell on FIFA and looked out for our results ever since, so took the opportunity to abandon his wife on holiday in Paris to visit Fir Park in the flesh. We truly are #massive.

25 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

At the Killie home game in October there was an American boy in the pie queue telling folk he'd played as Motherwell on FIFA and looked out for our results ever since, so took the opportunity to abandon his wife on holiday in Paris to visit Fir Park in the flesh. We truly are #massive.

That's why I "like" Cagliari. Playing as them on Fifa 10 or something.  I have looked into going over a few times but never got anywhere near.

That's a hilarious story. Juking yer wife in France to come to FP.

That guy sat next to me on the X11 on the way back from Glasgow, told me same story, said his favourite player was James McFadden. He then asked where best place to get a pint before the game was. Thankfully I got off bus as I could sense he was going ask to tag along with me as I said I was going to game with my brother.
Saw him again up at Fir Park as I was standing next to the pie stall with my Bovril, saw he’d latched on to a group of lads.

Glad he got to see us win but still a bit mental to leave your mrs and travel to Motherwell for a team you’d only heard of through a video game.

54 minutes ago, boozyBJ said:

That guy sat next to me on the X11 on the way back from Glasgow, told me same story, said his favourite player was James McFadden. He then asked where best place to get a pint before the game was. Thankfully I got off bus as I could sense he was going ask to tag along with me as I said I was going to game with my brother.
Saw him again up at Fir Park as I was standing next to the pie stall with my Bovril, saw he’d latched on to a group of lads.

Glad he got to see us win but still a bit mental to leave your mrs and travel to Motherwell for a team you’d only heard of through a video game.

Aye I overheard him talking to the guy behind me and proper burst out laughing when he mentioned patching his wife :lol:

4 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Aye, I mean our market in the January window generally seems to be one or two folk at higher end clubs who are either miles from the first team, frozen out or have just explicitly been told to f**k off.

It's definitely a niche area we're shopping in.

Also...

Good to see big Casper getting screen time from Tenerife though.

Hylton must have got a flight out once he was able to stay off the pan for 5 hours

14 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

That's why I "like" Cagliari. Playing as them on Fifa 10 or something.  I have looked into going over a few times but never got anywhere near.

That's a hilarious story. Juking yer wife in France to come to FP.

I sailed by their ground on holiday this year, which is a pretty boring story but does allow me to post my picture of their ground which was photo bombed by a seagull. 

DSC_0190.JPG

1 hour ago, well fan for life said:

There's been some good #content but the lack of any sacrificing to atone for the sins is disappointing imho.

Definitely. It's a pretty fine balance between getting some wholesome good-times #content and ending up with the footgolf patter that will absolutely come back to bite you on the arse if you lose a couple of games.

Having said that James Scott and Declan Gallagher look like they're only a Kenny Loggins soundtrack away from going taps-aff and re-creating the beach volleyball scene in Top Gun.

Edited by capt_oats