Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

33 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I see someone has been charged with throwing a hot drink at Morelos. Come on, own up - who was it? Some people seem to think Busta is a very angry man. We all know it wasn't MJC, that's for sure.

Wasn't me guv, I am in bed watching a show about Ross Kemp in prison. I was up the back of that section though.

14 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I see someone has been charged with throwing a hot drink at Morelos. Come on, own up - who was it? Some people seem to think Busta is a very angry man. We all know it wasn't MJC, that's for sure.

Rumour has it MJC was witnessed swan diving across the front of the East Stand to try and take the hit for poor wee Alfredo...

On a slow news day, a piece of news somewhat related to us - it would appear our chances of receiving that elusive sell on from Dom Thomas at Killie continue to diminish with him now being papped out on loan to Dunfermline. Interestingly, opinions of him at Killie seem to be similar to what we had of him, that he got better and better in fan estimation with each game he didn't play.

Rumours on twitter we are signing a forward on loan from Bournemouth, the name being mentioned (by one guy) is former Kilmarnock loanee Mickael Ndjoli. 

No idea if there is any substance to it but its at least a name to discuss. 

8 minutes ago, weemac said:

Rumours on twitter we are signing a forward on loan from Bournemouth, the name being mentioned (by one guy) is former Kilmarnock loanee Mickael Ndjoli. 

He is very capable of scoring an absolute thunderfuck of a goal but was one of those players that really benefited from the Clarke effect. Didn't start many games and when he did he seemed to be pushed out wide. He was a decent squad player and there did seem to be something there but never really proved too much.

Most of his appearances came later on in games. I seem to remember him being quick but pretty light weight. Really struggled when played up top by himself.

Probably worth a punt considering yous seem to have a few striking options

14 minutes ago, weemac said:

No idea if there is any substance to it but its at least a name to discuss. 

He was recalled by Bournemouth from his loan at Gillingham a couple of days ago as he wasn't getting much by way of game time it seems.

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/18146418.mikael-great-lad---ndjoli-recalled-afc-bournemouth-loan-spell-gillingham/

Is Robinson still pretty connected at Bournemouth? He played 241 games for them...

29 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

He was recalled by Bournemouth from his loan at Gillingham a couple of days ago as he wasn't getting much by way of game time it seems.

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/18146418.mikael-great-lad---ndjoli-recalled-afc-bournemouth-loan-spell-gillingham/

Is Robinson still pretty connected at Bournemouth? He played 241 games for them...

He seems a very Robinson like forward as in he is comfy both up top and out wide so possibly a direct replacement for Cole. 

I would be interested to see if we are still trying to sign a more traditional number 9 to give us something different to what we have. 

He scored a couple of screamers in the league and was alright in the league cup group games. Apart from that he didn't do much and he only started one league game if I remember correctly, came off the bench mostly. Echoing what's said above, he was very lightweight but had bags of pace. 

Saw a video on twitter a while back now from when he was on loan at Gillingham, during the first half of this season. Missed two penalties in the same game, the second one was given just a couple of minutes after the first one was awarded :lol:

39 minutes ago, weemac said:

He seems a very Robinson like forward as in he is comfy both up top and out wide so possibly a direct replacement for Cole. 

I would be interested to see if we are still trying to sign a more traditional number 9 to give us something different to what we have. 

I suppose we're in a different position this season in terms of league position and form We've 2 good goalkeepers, the back 4 picks itself, as does the midfield 3 with cover in both areas.

Looking at the January window in previous years under Robinson:

17/18
03/01/18 - Curtis Main (Portsmouth) - permanent
09/01/18 - Nadir Ciftci (Celtic) - loan 
16/01/18 - Tom Aldred (Bury) - loan
23/01/18 - Peter Hartley (Blackpool) - loan made permanent
31/01/18 - Stephen Hendrie (Southend) - loan

18/19
05/01/19 - Ross McCormack (Aston Villa) - loan
07/01/19 - Gboly Ariyibi (Nottingham Forest) - loan

Both windows had a "high profile" signing of varying success - Ciftci and McCormack. I suppose Gboly was a bit more low key - his previous loans from Forest had been MK Dons and Northampton Town. Same with Main - couldn't get a game for Portsmouth while big Tam was frozen out at Bury.

I guess it depends on what we're looking to add and who's actually available. We clearly need a replacement for Cole beyond that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. It looks like big weird Kyle is signing for Sunderland.

In terms of a traditional #9 then going the full FM20 made up pish route someone like Omar Bogle would be right up our street: neither of his "big" moves worked out (Wigan & Cardiff), he's been bumped out on loan to Peterborough (1 in 9), Birmingham (1 in 16) and Portsmouth (4 in 14), his recent loan at Portsmouth has been cut short, out of contract at the end of the season, told he's free to leave Cardiff...BUT scored 38 in 83 games when he was at Grimsby with Tait and 66 in 116 at Solihull Moors. 6ft 3 and still only 26 - he's also with the same agency as Tait (unless Tait's moved recently).

Apparently Bristol Rovers wanted to take him but it didn't happen. Sign.Him.Up Burrows.

Spoiler

26 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I suppose we're in a different position this season in terms of league position and form We've 2 good goalkeepers, the back 4 picks itself, as does the midfield 3 with cover in both areas.

Looking at the January window in previous years under Robinson:

17/18
03/01/18 - Curtis Main (Portsmouth) - permanent
09/01/18 - Nadir Ciftci (Celtic) - loan 
16/01/18 - Tom Aldred (Bury) - loan
23/01/18 - Peter Hartley (Blackpool) - loan made permanent
31/01/18 - Stephen Hendrie (Southend) - loan

18/19
05/01/19 - Ross McCormack (Aston Villa) - loan
07/01/19 - Gboly Ariyibi (Nottingham Forest) - loan

Both windows had a "high profile" signing of varying success - Ciftci and McCormack. I suppose Gboly was a bit more low key - his previous loans from Forest had been MK Dons and Northampton Town. Same with Main - couldn't get a game for Portsmouth while big Tam was frozen out at Bury.

I guess it depends on what we're looking to add and who's actually available. We clearly need a replacement for Cole beyond that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. It looks like big weird Kyle is signing for Sunderland.

In terms of a traditional #9 then going the full FM20 made up pish route someone like Omar Bogle would be right up our street: neither of his "big" moves worked out (Wigan & Cardiff), he's been bumped out on loan to Peterborough (1 in 9), Birmingham (1 in 16) and Portsmouth (4 in 14), his recent loan at Portsmouth has been cut short, out of contract at the end of the season, told he's free to leave Cardiff...BUT scored 38 in 83 games when he was at Grimsby with Tait and 66 in 116 at Solihull Moors. 6ft 3 and still only 26 - he's also with the same agency as Tait (unless Tait's moved recently).

Apparently Bristol Rovers wanted to take him but it didn't happen. Sign.Him.Up Burrows.

Hide contents

Fully on board the Bogle Bus

Edited by weemac

1 hour ago, weemac said:

Fully on board the Bogle Bus

Aye, I mean our market in the January window generally seems to be one or two folk at higher end clubs who are either miles from the first team, frozen out or have just explicitly been told to f**k off.

It's definitely a niche area we're shopping in.

Also...

Good to see big Casper getting screen time from Tenerife though.

Edited by capt_oats