Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

9 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

Link

He’s certainly in the squad going to Tenerife according to the official website. Doesn’t necessarily mean he’s back in training right enough. 

Even if/when he’s given the go ahead to get back to training, he’s not kicked a ball since May. Will probably still be another 4-6 weeks from being anywhere back near the first team.

Might be wrong but I’d be pleasantly surprised if we see much if anything of him before March.

Is it just me or others also getting bad vibes about Turnbull 

He was not carrying an injury the procedure was  precautionary to prevent further damage in the future

I know someone who had operations on his ACL and meniscus 

All went well and after rehab he can do most thing

ONE THING HE HAS BEEN TOLD HE CANNOT DO IS TAKE PART IN CONTACT SPORTS 

13 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

He was not carrying an injury the procedure was  precautionary to prevent further damage in the future

It's just you.

28 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

I'm sure that Turnbull wasn't advised to undergo surgery to potentially protect his career as a footballer if he was then going to be unable to play football afterwards.

41 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Unless that someone was Davie Turnbull then you're next two paragraphs are irrelevant. 

Like others have said, it'll take at least 4-6 weeks of full training before he's anywhere near the first team. I doubt he'll be near the side before the split. 

Even with just over 12 months left on his deal, he's still worth at least a million quid to us. We'll be very careful with him. 

I said in the summer we'd be lucky to see him by March. There were fantasists who were mentioning September and dreamers who mentioned January. If we see him this season, great. He needs to sign on a longer deal and get his head and body ready for next season. (In my expert opinion)

1 hour ago, Casagolda said:

Link

He’s certainly in the squad going to Tenerife according to the official website. Doesn’t necessarily mean he’s back in training right enough. 

Even if/when he’s given the go ahead to get back to training, he’s not kicked a ball since May. Will probably still be another 4-6 weeks from being anywhere back near the first team.

Might be wrong but I’d be pleasantly surprised if we see much if anything of him before March.

Aye, I mean in all honesty I have the feeling that as a club we are being really very cautious in order to protect our investment which i understand obviously.

From memory the estimate was up to 6 months out, there was examples of quicker recoveries for similar operations.

If he comes back in March thats quite a fair bit more. I believe Lasley also mentioned January recently as well.

Mainly just specfulation but hopefully see him soon.

Carson signs a new contract until 2022. Tremendous news! 

I mean, I suppose we can read between the lines that means Gillespie is offski, but what a replacement to come back in! 

2 minutes ago, Desp said:

Carson signs a new contract until 2022. Tremendous news! 

I mean, I suppose we can read between the lines that means Gillespie is offski, but what a replacement to come back in! 

If Gillespie is leaving in May, which looks to be the case - Surely it makes sense to get Carson back in as No1 as he's our player for the forseeable future

1 hour ago, crazylegsjoe said:

I wonder why Hylton has been left off the list...anyone know?

I hope he’s not offski. A player I’ve been really impressed by in many games. Just needs to be a bit more consistent, but definitely the making a good player and incredible skill.

13 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I said in the summer we'd be lucky to see him by March. There were fantasists who were mentioning September and dreamers who mentioned January. If we see him this season, great. He needs to sign on a longer deal and get his head and body ready for next season. (In my expert opinion)

'Flow seemed quite upbeat at the AGM that Turnbull would re-sign, which I was a bit surprised about. I would have assumed that an agent would advise him to run his contract down to make him attractive to more clubs (but I might just have a bad view of agents)...

8 minutes ago, Swello said:

'Flow seemed quite upbeat at the AGM that Turnbull would re-sign, which I was a bit surprised about. I would have assumed that an agent would advise him to run his contract down to make him attractive to more clubs (but I might just have a bad view of agents)...

Aye reading that was a bit weird. I literally can't see any reason for Turnbull and his agents to sign new terms unless there's genuine fears that he'll have lost something in the surgery.

30 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Aye reading that was a bit weird. I literally can't see any reason for Turnbull and his agents to sign new terms unless there's genuine fears that he'll have lost something in the surgery.

Well by all accounts he is on the same contract he was on before Celtic bid £3.5m. Which means he is probably one of the lowest earners despite being arguably our best player (whilst fit).  I thought the thinking was a new contract on improved terms which means he earns more money and we get slightly more protection as Celtic or the likes cannot low ball us, which we all know they will even if he returns to his previous form before the operation. 

We will not stand in his way and that has been made clear. So it is a win win. My worry is that this was brought up a while ago and I recall came up recently somewhere but yet nothing has been confirmed. 

I like the Longer Listen podcasts but they are not asking some of the searching questions I would ask. Probably because negotiations are delicate stage or not happening. 1st Q I would have asked our CEO and / or Manager is Turnbull going to sign another deal. 

He is a Well fan and we seem to have a good relationship with his family. Ultimately it is and was a bummer for the lad but we are bystanders in this. Hopefully something will be sorted soon. It would be the best news to come out of Fir Park - up there with our debt being paid off. 

Edited by welldaft