Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

If he's a complete nutter, isn't it worth keeping him around to throw on with 5 minutes to go when we're 3-0 down so he can put in a career-ending tackle on some opposition player we really don't like?

Only if his agent can find him a club
He’s contracted till 2021 so he could still be picking up a wage for the next 18 months wither we like it or not
The ball is in his court 

I appreciate the player power, but would expect he would be keen to be playing and probably back in his homeland. Would suspect it’s a mutually beneficial deal, with a small pay off.

It's easy to be wise after the fact but he fell out with Silkeborg prior to signing for us. He was training with the weans apparently and hadn't started a game for them since 12th August '18. We announced his signing on 21st May 19.

This was from November last year. Yes it's Google translated and no, I've no idea if Tipsbladet is a reputable news-outlet:

It was already clear this summer that Silkeborg IF and Casper Sloth were looking for a solution so that they could be separated, and now the relationship between club and player looks like one that is on further collision course.

Casper Sloth does not train with the first team, but must settle for the U19 squad instead. On Monday night, for the first time in seven weeks, he got playing time for SIF, but it was like the left back for the reserve team. 

Sloth hopes he can move on before his contract expires this summer, as he is not satisfied that he is undesirable on the first team.

- I think it's such a bad style. I've been playing for Silkeborg for the past year and I really think I've done well. I've also been happy to be in the club. That is why I also think it seems strange that I almost do not even have to train, he says to Midtjylland Avis.

Link

There's a thread about him on a Silkeborg forum, it should come as no surprise that it doesn't end particularly well.

Bigfoot 22 maj

But that's fucking nice that the drama queen is gone. Much like the cream bowl, you have to look long.

Fair play Bigfoot. Call it as you see it my man.

I think Robinson was saying at the AGM that in normal circumstances we wouldn't be anywhere near getting someone with his CV in so was worth a punt. Which is fair enough but as it stands he's behind Polworth, Campbell, Donnelly, O'Hara, Semple and possibly even Maguire for a midfield spot.

Edited by capt_oats

Guest superward
2 hours ago, Mitch said:

Think it will be official tomorrow, but he is away back down the M6 already.

He was sitting in the main stand on Saturday with Dunne which I found a bit odd considering he had been ill and the news that it's unlikely he will resign. Suppose he'd need to get his stuff oot his locker.

What’s the script with Christian Ilic as well. In his first few appearances he seemed a player with a lot of intelligence,  IIRC he had already signed for someone a very good Romanian team but then he choose to sign for us. There were also question marks over his position as prior he had mostly played as a left-back which I would’ve been keen to see him do for us. Seems like one that has been hampered by injuries and will just fizzle out which is a shame really as he is still young and could turn out to be decent. 

So that's Cadden apparently been recalled by Columbus Crew. Oxford just put out an official confirmation this morning.

The quote from the Oxford manager though...fucking.hell.

“He’s not just a very good player, he is also an outstanding young man who we have loved having here. I know he has enjoyed himself too and we thank him for his efforts. We did all we could to keep him; we made a good offer to buy him but it fell short of Columbus’s valuation of a million pounds. Personally, I think he has been badly advised to go and play in America at this stage of his career and his agent isn’t necessarily thinking of the player, but that is out of our hands and we move on."

Have we (or did we) get anything for him? 

We haven’t had any payment yet as far as I’m aware. I think it was mentioned by Alan Burrows at the AGM that we are ‘very confident’ (or something to that effect) of getting appropriate compensation but it will likely be a very long process as it’s currently be dealt with through FIFA.