Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

9 hours ago, ropy said:

3 wins and a draw from safety

Given the season we're having, that's the most Motherwell supporter statement ever - in the league for 35-odd years and we still see ourselves as a yo-yo club :)

34 minutes ago, Swello said:

I think the safety margin in the league this season will be waaaay lower than 40 points - we might be safe already :)

It's been 36 for the past 4 or 5 seasons, as you say, should be a bit lower this season.

Regardless, you've been safe for months.

12 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

If Motherwell continue to win every single game like we have in the last week, we'll lift the European Cup, if not in 2021, then definitely in 2022. That's a fact.

And Turnbull isn't even back from the operation yet. Just let that sink in.

If James Scott is able to replicate his form between the 28th and 33rd minutes against St Mirren over a full season he could end up with roughly 1,400 goals a season. 

Much to think about.

1 minute ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

If James Scott is able to replicate his form between the 28th and 33rd minutes against St Mirren over a full season he could end up with roughly 1,400 goals a season. 

Much to think about.

He's no Pele, though. 

More of a Messi or a Maradona. 

1,400 goals a season is fucking ridiculous. I can see about 813 as a maximum. Upward of 624 is likely.

3 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

He's no Pele, though. 

More of a Messi or a Maradona. 

1,400 goals a season is fucking ridiculous. I can see about 813 as a maximum. Upward of 624 is likely.

That seems sensible. Daft of me to assume he'd be playing against St Mirrens every week.

1 minute ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

That seems sensible. Daft of me to assume he'd be playing against St Mirrens every week.

It's a fact that Pele scored most of his goals against the Maureen's, all while there were more St Mirren fans inside the Santos stadium than Brazilians.

8 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Aye I've heard that the thinking behind increasing the Maracana's capacity to 200,000 was mainly to cope with Captain Sensible and his pals turning up.

Heard? FACT. Tony Fitzpatrick played up front for Uruguay in the final game of the 1950 WC. 197.243 people were there to see him alone. The other couple of thousand were corporate c***s. They didn't even buy a pie. Arseholes.

1 hour ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

We'll either get an absolute doing next Sunday or the East Stand/Peter Hartley will psychologically break Morelos beyond belief.

We all know how next Sunday goes.

Rangers there for the taking, dropped points to Aberdeen, lost the Cup Final to Celtic, might even be out of Europe by then as well, what better time for us to play them, especially when we're on the back of three wins on the spin. We'll never have a better chance to beat them.

Then Sunday rolls around, we don't turn up and Rangers get their usual win against us.

34 minutes ago, MJC said:

We all know how next Sunday goes.

Rangers there for the taking, dropped points to Aberdeen, lost the Cup Final to Celtic, might even be out of Europe by then as well, what better time for us to play them, especially when we're on the back of three wins on the spin. We'll never have a better chance to beat them.

Then Sunday rolls around, we don't turn up and Rangers get their usual win against us.

Happy days?

7 minutes ago, MJC said:

Well we've all seen this movie before on several occasions.

That movie doesn’t seem to be coming to much affect this season. Teams like Hearts, St Mirren, St Johnstone etc who were all struggling are teams that wee drop points to regarding a team on horrible form but we’ve managed to change that this season. Not often we beat hearts home and away in a season. I’m quietly confident for Sunday for some reason, don’t usually get this feeling when playing the ugly sisters.