Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Fucking hell that was stressful, 100% convinced we were heading to Ibrox.  Can we get Craig Tanner on a short term deal?

Glad I wasn’t the only one who was getting worked up.

Very much a meh draw. Interesting however to see that there wasn’t a single all premier league tie.

All in all its another rotten draw for us.

So we avoid our standard all Premiership draw but draw a high flying Championship side? Not good. And to make matters worse just about all the other premiership sides bar Hibs have got easy draws, with Celtic, Rangers, Hearts and Aberdeen all kept apart and all getting essentially byes to the next round meaning that even if we do beat Dundee, at its by no means certain that we will, we will in all probability face a tough one in the next round meaning that our hopes of a Cup run/win are dashed for yet another year.

1 hour ago, Swello said:

Is there some rule that we are only allowed to draw one of about six clubs in any cup competition? Was there ever a hope that we'd get through a season without a trip to Dundee?

I'm not entirely convinced our cup draws don't just rotate between Dundee, Morton and Hearts tbhwy.

11 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

You know we drew Dundee eh?

Who are fourth in the Championship and very much in contention for a playoff. If that doesn't constitute "high flying" then I don't know what does.

Oh aye, plus Danny Johnson is a stick on to score against us.

Who are fourth in the Championship and very much in contention for a playoff. If that doesn't constitute "high flying" then I don't know what does.

4th in the Championship could equally be considered ‘mid-table’, particularly when you’ve won less than half your matches and you’re closer to 10th than 1st in terms of points.

7 hours ago, MJC said:

They just to ICT and most of their fans want the manager sacked as the football is turgid. 2 shots on target in 2 games.

10 hours ago, MJC said:

I take it, by your logic, we are a high flying premiership side then considering we are also 4th?

10 hours ago, MJC said:

If that doesn't constitute "high flying" then I don't know what does.

We've won as many games this season (11) as Dundee have won in the year 2019.

If that constitutes "high flying" then we must be soaring.

Fully onboard.

Trying to replace Turnbull was always going to be nigh on impossible but getting Polworth in has been an excellent bit of business. Must be about double figures for goals and assists so far this season already. 

Speaking of Turnbull, I notice the official site doesn’t have him down for a return until hopefully Spring next year. 

I always thought it was January when he was pencilled in for a comeback? Or was that just hearsay. 

16 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

Polworth in has been an excellent bit of business. Must be about double figures for goals and assists so far this season already. 

Might not be accurate, but transfermarkt has him with 1 goal and 6 assists, puts him 12th in the league for "goal involvement".

28 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Might not be accurate, but transfermarkt has him with 1 goal and 6 assists, puts him 12th in the league for "goal involvement".

I was including the League Cup as well to be fair, I’m sure he got a couple of assists and at least a goal in that as well.