Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Decent results for us today with Kilmarnock drawing and County (depending on whether our ambitions are 3rd spot or the more realistic top six). Hopefully the Edinburgh sides' wins were more manager sacking bounces rather than signs they're getting their acts together.

I know it sounds negative but any points we get tomorrow are an unexpected bonus.

10 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Decent results for us today with Kilmarnock drawing and County (depending on whether our ambitions are 3rd spot or the more realistic top six). Hopefully the Edinburgh sides' wins were more manager sacking bounces rather than signs they're getting their acts together.

I know it sounds negative but any points we get tomorrow are an unexpected bonus.

Realistic rather than negative. We are up against a side that have just beaten Lazio home and away. 
The gulf in resources means they should win and win comfortably especially at porkheid.

You hope for a miracle but there is no way a Motherwell side can come under sustained pressure for 90 minutes and not concede. You hope tomorrow will be different but even if we do play well the end result will likely be like Ibrox and a spirited defeat. 

I would take a positive GD after tomorrow. 

I have gone all MJC :-(

1 hour ago, Archie McSquackle said:

If Hearts and Hibs start picking up points it will be because they are beating all the other teams below us, someone has to win those games (draws aside) 

1 hour ago, MP_MFC said:

Yer standard Motherwell supporting mile outs on social media criticising Dec for not wearing a bit of paper on his top

I always forget how much people care about this, always surreal to drop into that bit of the internet.

6 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

The last time I went Neil Lennon was caretaker manager and James Forrest scored on his debut :lol:

This was also the last time in was there (for a Celtic v Motherwell game, at least). 0-0 at half time, playing well, only to end up losing 4-0. Robbie Keane scored as well, I'm sure. 

I thought our approach to today's game was pretty positive, played on the counter well and created a few half chances. 

The second goal came at a time where we looked to be really in the game, but even then I've seen times where the roof has come in after they score at a crucial time - that rarely looked likely to happen.

We've come through two visits to Glasgow unscathed and won the two home matches, fairly optimistic going into the festive run of fixtures. 

15 hours ago, MP_MFC said:

Yer standard Motherwell supporting mile outs on social media criticising Dec for not wearing a bit of paper on his top

Post the article that's come out this morning explaining its simply because the poppy fell off.