Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 minutes ago, ayrshire_nomad said:

Where would be a good place to park for the away end please?

Plenty on street parking around the ground on Manse Road / Adele St etc.  Means you need to walk round the stadium to get to the away end but there's not that many options round that side with traffic cones usually down.

6 minutes ago, ayrshire_nomad said:

Where would be a good place to park for the away end please?

Civic Centre is always handy enough for getting back onto the motorway after the game.  Alternatively, find a wee spot around about where the Fire Station/Tesco Express is and it's not too far away from the away end. 

Rangers fans are utterly odd and vile bunch.

All over everything Motherwell have posted about the game and throwing the hammer thrower shit about.

Actually seriously puts me off reading anything when you are involved in a game against them. Just a weird, obsessive, nasty bunch.

7 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

Actually seriously puts me off reading anything when you are involved in a game against them. Just a weird, obsessive, nasty bunch.

I don't read anything about them (or Celtic) whether we're playing them or not. Couldn't really care less what most of them think about anything.

Edited by Gallus Numpty

27 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

Rangers fans are utterly odd and vile bunch.

All over everything Motherwell have posted about the game and throwing the hammer thrower shit about.

First sentence says it all mate 

9 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Bigi signs for Solihull Moors (technically his move from us was to Hibs like)

I'm interested to see how he does at that level. If they build a team around him he should be technically miles above that league but I can see him getting swallowed up amidst the 7 foot National League yokels.

1 hour ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I'm interested to see how he does at that level. If they build a team around him he should be technically miles above that league but I can see him getting swallowed up amidst the 7 foot National League yokels.

I doubt they'll build a team around somebody they've only signed for two months.

4 minutes ago, ropy said:

Does anyone know why the club got a suspended fine against St Johnstone, some sort of bother.

In Perth recently?? Was a pretty quiet away game IIRC - can't remember any madness inside the ground...

Sooo - We've played everyone once and it's been good, quite entertaining and our style of play is a million miles to what we were watching at this point last year.  The best thing for me is that we've been competitive in the vast majority of games with a very raw, developing team - even the pumping against Celtic contained a very positive 30 mins - so only the Aberdeen game was a total non-event so far. I think I'm right in saying that if we win on Saturday, we'll surpass the points total we were on at the winter break last season, which is some turnaround so far.

The first round of games is the most unpredictable in our league where teams otherwise know each other inside out and our challenge is to avoid the traditional shite November and December and to try to match the points total in the 2nd round of games (and there is no reason we can't IMO).

Edited by Swello

I think last night neatly summed us up so far this season- entertaining and infuriating in almost equal measure. 

We were a goal up, a man up and in complete control of the game. We then contrive to give away yet another soft and avoidable goal which seemed to knock us right off our stride. To the point that I was relieved to get to half time. 

To their credit though, I thought we started to move the ball better 2nd half and the winning goal really was a well worked bit of football. We then proceeded to make it more difficult for ourselves again in the later stages with some naive decision making and poor finishing. 

Was good to see Caroll get through what must have been his first full game since Tynecastle. He’s went under the radar a bit but he’s been a far better acquisition than advertised, that ball in for the winning goal was delightful- hopefully he can keep himself fit now and stop getting suspended. 

Was also interesting after the whole Long vs Cole debate that Robinson went with the pair of them in the 433. I thought Long was excellent- his pace, work rate and movement causes teams no end of problems. Cole I felt was a bit hit and miss but you can’t really argue with 2 goals in 2 games I suppose.