Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Let's just go baws oot and coax Michael Higdon out of retirement. I reckon he'd be quite happy to play for a bag of cans every week with, of course, an extra bag for every goal he scores.

Failing that, Lafferty would be a decent shout.

Goals from the Reserves game yesterday.

Looking at the team (and the footage tbf) I'm guessing the "Barry Maguire: Midfielder" Project is still ongoing.

Motherwell: Morrison, Brown, Devine, Hussain, Livingstone, Maguire, Semple, Cornelius, Robertson, Tanner, MacIver.

Subs: Hemfrey, Kettings, Muir, McDonald, Starrs, Cook.

Edited by capt_oats

Take it our own coverage of the 20’s is another thing that’s been cut as well then? 

You use to get interviews with Craigan, updates, highlights etc. Now you hardly get anything, which is a bit strange really for a club that spends so much time talking up their youth system. 

Maurice Ross took over 7 months ago and the only time I think I’ve actually heard him speak was to @AndyRoss on the MFC Podcast.

17 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

Let's just go baws oot and coax Michael Higdon out of retirement. I reckon he'd be quite happy to play for a bag of cans every week with, of course, an extra bag for every goal he scores.

Failing that, Lafferty would be a decent shout.

That contract would have bankrupt us in 2013 :lol:

26 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

Take it our own coverage of the 20’s is another thing that’s been cut as well then? 

You use to get interviews with Craigan, updates, highlights etc. Now you hardly get anything, which is a bit strange really for a club that spends so much time talking up their youth system. 

Maurice Ross took over 7 months ago and the only time I think I’ve actually heard him speak was to @AndyRoss on the MFC Podcast.

I can understand us not sending anyone up to Dingwall tbf but there wasn't even a team line posted prior to K/O yesterday (that I saw anyway). The team in the post above came from the (very) short match report after the fact.

Fully agree that it seems weird for a club who have spent as long talking up the youth system to seemingly drop all that content. I concede it may be a niche audience and I get that Craigan and Ross are different people so I suppose it's possible that one may have been more forthcoming than the other in terms of engagement but there's no denying that it's noticeable by omission.

Edited by capt_oats

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

I can understand us not sending anyone up to Dingwall tbf but there wasn't even a team line posted prior to K/O yesterday (that I saw anyway). The team in the post above came from the (very) short match report after the fact.

Fully agree that it seems weird for a club who have spent as long talking up the youth system to seemingly drop all that content. I concede it may be a niche audience and I get that Craigan and Ross are different people so I suppose it's possible that one may have been more forthcoming than the other in terms of engagement but there's no denying that it's noticeable by omission.

I get that they were having a change of direction in social media but it is a bit shite having zero coverage of any of our matches on twitter. It's probably force of habit but I never bother with the club website on match days for coverage.

47 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

I get that they were having a change of direction in social media but it is a bit shite having zero coverage of any of our matches on twitter. It's probably force of habit but I never bother with the club website on match days for coverage.

Pretty much the same. I've no real issue with the change in direction and in honesty since I deleted Twitter off my phone (it's truly a sewer of a website) I've found the change in approach on match-days is increasingly a moot point for me.

I noticed Leeds' "Match Day centre" was running for their u23 game yesterday (I was curious to see if McKinstry was involved - he wasn't) and I'd imagine that's the sort of thing the club are looking at running for the website and runs a minute by minute and is comprehensive but 100% hand on heart that's not something I'm ever going to check.

Agree that a massive part of that is habit and there's a trial and error part in terms of what constitutes a good balance for a small team to work on but there still feels like there's a disconnect right now.

Edited by capt_oats

4 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Pretty much the same. I've no real issue with the change in direction and in honesty since I deleted Twitter off my phone (it's truly a sewer of a website) I've found the change in approach on match-days is increasingly a moot point.

I noticed Leeds' "Match Day centre" was running for their u23 game yesterday (I was curious to see if McKinstry was involved - he wasn't) and I'd imagine that's the sort of thing the club are looking at running for the website and runs a minute by minute and is comprehensive but 100% hand on heart that's not something I'm ever going to check.

Agree that a massive part of that is habit and there's a trial and error part in terms of what constitutes a good balance for a small team to work on but there still feels like there's a disconnect right now.

Think we've both been in the same boat. I deleted it at the start of summer and mainly follow the club on here or the stuff on instagram. Not having audio that's not behind a paywall, or a minute-by-minute update can be a bit annoying tbh. 

4 hours ago, well fan for life said:

Think we've both been in the same boat. I deleted it at the start of summer and mainly follow the club on here or the stuff on instagram. Not having audio that's not behind a paywall, or a minute-by-minute update can be a bit annoying tbh. 

Speaking about IG. I just noticed the number of cameras and MFC jackets in Charlie Taxi's stories. A good chance that's going to be #content for a very specific demographic lads.

6 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Speaking about IG. I just noticed the number of cameras and MFC jackets in Charlie Taxi's stories. A good chance that's going to be #content for a very specific demographic lads.

Heard from a reliable source that Charlie got nutmegged by a Labrador today.  A new low. 

Right now my priority with whatever budget we have left would be a centre forward suited to the lone striker role that Robinson is trying to play with - whether it's Lafferty, or someone else that appears.

I don't think Hendry is as bad as he's made out to be in fairness to him, but I think we're well enough stocked with Gallacher, Dunne, Hartley and then Maguire and Donnelly who can fill in there if needed.

6 minutes ago, BigTamMuller said:

Right now my priority with whatever budget we have left would be a centre forward suited to the lone striker role that Robinson is trying to play with - whether it's Lafferty, or someone else that appears.

I don't think Hendry is as bad as he's made out to be in fairness to him, but I think we're well enough stocked with Gallacher, Dunne, Hartley and then Maguire and Donnelly who can fill in there if needed.

If it is true and I remain to be convinced to be honest, then I’d imagine it would surely signal that Hartley is on his way out. 

Otherwise I agree, there a whole host of areas - centre forward, a proven wide man, a replacement for Gorrin - I’d rather address before we go about using our limited budget trying to bring in another centre back.

Edited by Casagolda