Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I love Gboly an aw but maybe a blessing in disguise we didn't end up chucking £3k p/w at him. Tbh I reckon he'll end up back here on loan eventually anyways.

Edit- just read the bit about us offering Cadden similar. Somebody please take Burrows away from our finances.

Edited by YassinMoutaouakil

15 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I love Gboly an aw but maybe a blessing in disguise we didn't end up chucking £3k p/w at him. Tbh I reckon he'll end up back here on loan eventually anyways.

Edit- just read the bit about us offering Cadden similar. Somebody please take Burrows away from our finances.

For clarity and avoidance of doubt, I wasn't suggesting we were offering Cadden anything like that sort of cash. Simply pointing out that Burrows had mentioned that we had offered him a relatively "lucrative" deal (by our standards).

From his point of view I'd imagine it would be framed in context of the whining from folk about Cadden moving on and any insinuation that we didn't try to keep him at the club.

Edited by capt_oats

3 minutes ago, AndyRoss said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/scottish-premiership-footballer-fined-after-18940651

Sounds like he put considerably more effort into this than ever witnessed during his spell with us.

Surprised he didn't try and argue that he "kept tensing his body" on account of his "back injury" tbqh.

7 hours ago, AndyRoss said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/scottish-premiership-footballer-fined-after-18940651

Sounds like he put considerably more effort into this than ever witnessed during his spell with us.

I notice he took the option to fight everyone as he would have no chance of outpacing a middle aged cop in full stab vest.

Edited by Swello

Following on from @thisGRAEME's chat on the Terrace earlier in the week re: Donnelly/fitness and how it seems to be a thing where Robinson/the coaching staff are looking at the players to take on extra responsibility themselves that's Polworth talking about how he's starting his day in the gym now and how it's a "new" thing for him, he's saying it's a part of his game that he's never really worked on.

Good lad.

Edited by capt_oats

I'm on full @MJC mode now. The recruitment has been diabolical. It's no surprise Hylton and Seedorf looked good against a shite Morton team, that appears to be their level. 

Scott is a prospect, but is nowhere near ready to be our first choice no.9. Granted, he's getting no service due to our wide men being shite. 

Going to be a long season. Not sure even Turnbull to could make this dross look good. 

I don't think individually we're that awful but as a team this is fucking pish. Scott, Hylton and Seedorf all have varying degrees of potential and rawness, we could maybe carry one or two of them but as a collective they're out of their depth. In midfield we've essentially got the exact same player 3 times expect one of them has a beard and scores screamers. Our defence has held up pretty well until recently but we look pretty susceptible to getting ripped wide open on a regular basis. Posting this at half time so hopefully I'll look stupid in an hour but I'm pretty sure we're dead and buried here.

Judging by the East Stand reaction alone, Robinson is going to be under pressure to see the Autumn at this rate.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, we have recruited abysmally for the second summer running and Robinson surely has to be on borrowed time now.

Well. That was shite. Seedorf looks like the next Elliot Frear in confidence terms, Dunne was rotten and the ball simply wouldn’t stick to us.

Positives? Not much. Cole looked ok when he came on (when we weren’t shelling balls at him from halfway across the pitch) and Long probably deserves a chance from the start. Not sure why Hylton got taken off, Seedorf was far worse.

On balance I think it’s a case of gelling - pish as we certainly were tonight it was definitely one of those occasions where nothing came off at all. I suspect we’ll play worse than that and still win...providing our wingers actually realise they can beat players now and again...

Hylton sold the jerseys for the first goal. Hid for his 45 mins and has no idea how to track a runner. Woeful. Not good when your stand in left back decides to shite out of everything.

We need a defensive mid and badly need a number 9 who can hold up play. How much does Lafferty want? Fling it at him.