Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Delighted that our new accessible toilet block will be open for 'business' on Saturday!

A lot of time and effort has went into fundraising and planning to allow this to happen and we would just like to say a huge thank you to everyone involved from the DSA, the club, the fans who have donated £££ and in particular would like to say a massive thank you to Davie from Frasers Plumbing and Heating for seeing this project through from an empty portacabin to what it is today. He has given up so much of his time to help us out and project manage this, while encouraging local businesses to help out too. Thats what  being a true Community Club is all about

toilets.jpg

1 hour ago, The_Judge said:

Did You Know....Tom Hateley, former Motherwell player was a member of the Piast Gliwice team that won the Polish league title (for the first time in its history) last season,  scoring 4 goals in the process? 😲

yes

What the f**k are we going to do once Donnelly stops scoring? 

A very big reality check for those who were going OTT on the wide men after comfortably dispatching some lower League dross.  

What the f**k are we going to do once Donnelly stops scoring? 
A very big reality check for those who were going OTT on the wide men after comfortably dispatching some lower League dross.  

Seedorf is waayyyyy short of fitness, Hylton had a couple of wee moments that were ok and Ilic was utterly fucking hopeless.

We seriously need a striker.

To be fair, as important as it was not to get carried away after the Betfred Cup, it’s also important not to go the other way after a chasing from Celtic. 

Guys like Hylton, Seedorf etc wont have played anything close to that level before. Poor as they were today, I think judging our new signings on games against a team who’re miles ahead of everything else in Scottish football seems a bit redundant. 

To be honest, I actually enjoyed our first half performance today and thought it was vastly improved on last weeks. Unfortunately, we gifted them cheap goals at poor times and never really recovered 2nd half once we went behind. 

Fully agree though, where the goals are going to come from is the biggest question at the minute. It’ll be interesting to see who or what Robinson’s looking to bring in before the window closes.

‪1st goal Tait’s fault for chasing after a ball he was never going to get.

2nd goal was a complete howler from Gillespie but it was just typical of Celtic to score before half-time.

3rd goal again let them in behind to easily.

4th goal/handball completely killed our chances but we let Celtic in behind far to easily. ‬

5th goal wasn’t really even watching anymore but looked a penalty.

‪Not a bad first half, get a striker in before the window ends and we’ll be fine this year!‬

That was... a really fucking weird game of football tbh. I admire Robinson's commitment to this expansive 4-3-3 but I'm not entirely sure we have the players to suit it. Hylton definitely has something about him but Seedorf and Ilic both looked miles out their depth. Individually our defence and midfield should be good enough to compete at this level but the ease with which Celtic tore us apart and the way our shape collapsed in the last half hour isn't really good enough. Hopefully we can chalk it down to Celtic being a vastly superior side but I can feel the fear creeping in about this season.

Donnelly turning into a goal scoring machine is absolutely bizzare btw.

I know it's early days, but I have the fear for us this season. Yet again it looks as though Robinson has made a pig's ear of the transfer window and failed to properly address key areas of the team. We have no striker worthy of the name at the club, Long looks poor on early evidence and Ilic, Seedorf and Hylton are nowhere near the standard we need. We carry no threat going forward and our defence is a shambles, as was evident last week when we were lucky to walk away from Livingston with a 0-0 draw but we were painfully put to the sword today.

Last season we and Robinson got out of jail due to a combination of teams having a 'mare against us when the pressure was really on us and of course the emergence of Turnbull and Hastie which basically saved the managers skin. This season may only be two weeks old but already the signs are bleak and with no exciting youngster breaking through and an almost certain cup exit to Hearts on Friday night, there is very little to look forward to.

Bleak times.

1 hour ago, ZX1886 said:

‪1st goal Tait’s fault for chasing after a ball he was never going to get.

2nd goal was a complete howler from Gillespie but it was just typical of Celtic to score before half-time.

3rd goal again let them in behind to easily.

4th goal/handball completely killed our chances but we let Celtic in behind far to easily. ‬

5th goal wasn’t really even watching anymore but looked a penalty.

‪Not a bad first half, get a striker in before the window ends and we’ll be fine this year!‬

I think the issue with the 5th Goal/penalty was that there were 2 balls on the field. The first time the celtic fans thrown a ball, the ref stopped play, but the second time he did not. 

Gispliee was trying to plead his case to the ref but got book for it. 

Edit: Moult also scored for Preston today. Any chance we can get him on loan? That would solve a lot of issues.

Edited by Phillips455

I don't fear for us at all, but the absolute naivety we're showing is alarming.

Guys stopping as they've taken a wee nick or a wee nudge, or just giving folk acres of room, charging into things we'll never get. I understand that we're signing players as projects and need work, but they need to wise up, quickly.