Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

38 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

I don't own a single piece of Claret and Amber clothing... Am I the weirdo, Am I a stig... Or both? 

The only time I regularly wear Motherwell tops is when I'm playing 5s. I rarely even wear one when I'm going to Fir Park because if I'm jumping in to town for a lager afterwards it's just a bit of a pain. 

I tend to get a bit sick of looking at the shirts, but I can see myself picking up this years efforts. Away one has done a roaring trade today, could it be the first away shirt to outsell the home...?

4 hours ago, SCDave said:

I tend to get a bit sick of looking at the shirts, but I can see myself picking up this years efforts. Away one has done a roaring trade today, could it be the first away shirt to outsell the home...?

Thankfully got mines. Purchased both. The first home shirt I’ve bought in the last 4/5 years.

9 hours ago, Gandhi said:

Starrs, not Devante, for the avoidance of any doubt!

Aye you’re right. My mate was at the game and said Cole scored but he was horrendous, then he went on to say it was Cole Starrs. We played a relative young reserve squad against a full Killie first team. Devante Cole is still nursing an injury but from what I’ve been told he’s been class when he has trained.

Edited by supermarv

3 minutes ago, Moo said:

Who’s more likely to be the bigger player for Motherwell this season? Seedorf or Ilic?

Ilic seems to have a very smart footballing brain and on his day would run a mock. However Seedorf has pace and raw talent, when on his game he could play equally as well. I think all our winger options are good players and capable of being starters. Hylton is very very exciting and looks like he could play a pivotal role for us this season.

5 minutes ago, Moo said:

Who’s more likely to be the bigger player for Motherwell this season? Seedorf or Ilic?

From the 4 group games, I'd say Ilic as he seems to be a very technical, intelligent sort of a footballer - although that doesn't mean I'm wholly convinced yet.

Seedorf on limited viewing could be a Chris Humphrey type - ie, if we aren't using him in a way that takes advantage of his pace, he'll find it a bit more difficult (although, like Humphrey, we may find the threat of his pace means that other teams will have to make unwanted changes to nullify it). I've got a feeling that he'll end up in the Elliot Frear "sub after an hour" type of role - but I could be wrong.

Everything is based on playing lower division sides at the moment - we'll know more in a month.

Hylton has the potential to be this season's "how do Motherwell find these guys?" player - specifically there for other teams' supporters to reference when giving their board/manager stick for a bad transfer window.