Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, MJC said:

Do they have a better keeper? 50/50 in my opinion from what I've seen of that Zlamal.

Do they have a better central defender? They have Berra, Soutar and Halkett, that's fairly decent backline options.

Do they have better wingers? Well they've re-signed Jamie Walker so I'd argue yes they do. They've also got Mulraney, Clare and Harring.

Do they have better forward players who can do more damage than ours can? Undoubtedly, as Steven Naismith even at 33 is still a quality player who would walk into our team and improve it. Same goes for Ikpeazu.

Finally, I won't be fucking off anywhere, but thanks for your 'advice' all the same. 

Kisses xx

Zlamal's a fucking bombscare. Gillespie has been one of the better keepers in the league, as was Carson before his injury. 

Berra belongs in a retirement home, Souttar is good on his day but prone to a clanger. Big fan of Halkett tbf. 

Walker hasn't kicked a ball in a year, Mulraney can run really quick but couldn't cross a road, Clare isn't a winger and Haring *really* isn't a winger. 

Naismith is one of the best strikers in the division, I'll give you that, but Uche is just pure chaos factor stuff. He's rank at football but occupies defenders. 

1 hour ago, MJC said:

Do they have a better keeper? 50/50 in my opinion from what I've seen of that Zlamal.

Finally, I won't be fucking off anywhere, but thanks for your 'advice' all the same. 

Kisses xx

We have two better keepers.  

Does that mean you won't be taking up my bet?  😪

17 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

Zlamal's a fucking bombscare. Gillespie has been one of the better keepers in the league, as was Carson before his injury. 

Berra belongs in a retirement home, Souttar is good on his day but prone to a clanger. Big fan of Halkett tbf. 

Walker hasn't kicked a ball in a year, Mulraney can run really quick but couldn't cross a road, Clare isn't a winger and Haring *really* isn't a winger. 

Naismith is one of the best strikers in the division, I'll give you that, but Uche is just pure chaos factor stuff. He's rank at football but occupies defenders. 

Zlamal has looked decent any time I've seen him, the only howler I can remember him making was against Celtic at Murrayfield. He's on a level with Carson and Gillespie imo.

Berra may be getting on but he's still a good defender at this level, Souttar is good on his day but prone to a clanger, yes, but the same could be said of Peter Hartley and Charles Dunne, with the former also being highly injury prone. I believe we have picked up an absolute gem in Gallagher, but Hearts edge us in this area thanks to having slightly better options.

Jamie Walker is a good player who is proven at this level and Mulraney is also a good attacking option. I like what I've seen from Hylton and Seedorf so far but it's early days and both are still finding their feet. Clare and Harring aren't wingers but they are still good attacking options for a side at this level.

As I said Naismith is a quality player and when you've got someone like him who can score goals and link midfield to attack the way he does then you've always got a huge advantage.

Hearts are, man for man, a better team than we are and while I respect anyone's right to their own opinion, I can't help think that to disagree on that is to look at it with Claret and Amber spectacles on.

15 minutes ago, Antiochas III said:

We have two better keepers.  

Does that mean you won't be taking up my bet?  😪

Colin Doyle is pretty guff, I'll give you that but I don't think he's played since his howler against us on February. We do have two good options to their one, so perhaps that is an area where we are stronger.

No I won't be taking you up on that, I'll be placing my bet online, nearer the time of the game.

So Zlamal made a couple of howlers in his time then, okay. We have better goalkeeper options.

However it doesn't change the fact that Hearts are a better team than us man for man and will more likely than not knock us out of the cup and that this is an awful draw for us, when you consider the other sides we could have got. It's arguably the second worst draw we could have hoped to get, with the only worse draw being had this tie been at Tynecastle.

45 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Thing is, Hearts are a completely decent football team and I'm not particularly confident about facing them, or even finishing above them in the league. It's just the insane negativity and doomsday predictions about a cup draw a few weeks away that annoy me.

I get that tbh, but alot of my negativity about this draw is borne out of sheer frustration. As I said, we have coasted through our League Cup group, winning every single game, not conceding a goal and being seeded for this round with the potential for a kind draw to help us progress to the Quarter Finals given the sides we could have faced, yet we are drawn with Hearts, a side who are better than us man for man and our chances of a cup run/win have reduced all the more. As someone who would give anything to see us win silverware again, I want us to get a good cup draw but for the seventh time in a row in this competition in the knockout rounds we are paired with a fellow top flight side. It's fucking maddening.

1 hour ago, well fan for life said:

That two handed slap for the penalty is still absolutely hilarious to watch. 

As is running straight into his own defender for the 3rd :lol:

Watching this video, it's genuinely humbling that his family can talk so openly about something as horrible as that in the hope that it helps other folk. I'm not sure if this was produced by the club or if they are just giving it a platform - but it is brilliantly done.