Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Bit random this but was there a reason Roberto Martinez hardly ever got a game during the brief period we signed him just before administration? I remember him joining but that's it.

My assumption was that he was shite at football but, having never actually seen him play despite having a season ticket at the time, I have absolutely no factual basis for this.

He also spent most of his Motherwell career pumping a local teenager* he met in The Moorings.  Fair play to him. 

*she was over 18.

1 minute ago, Desp said:

He also spent most of his Motherwell career pumping a local teenager* he met in The Moorings.  Fair play to him. 

*she was over 18.

Sure he married her anaw

Can anyone tell me how good or poor Ben Hall was during his time at Motherwell please?
I noticed this article in the Courier and was wondering if he would be a decent signing. 

He had been on loan at Notts County. My mate is a season ticket holder at County and wasn’t particularly impressed by him. I’m sure he lost his place in the side.

I thought he looked decent when thrown in, but doesn’t look like he has kicked on.

Christian signs....

I see we're going with him being a "wide player" and that “Christian brings us another option to play anywhere across the forward three,”. Come on lads everyone knows he's a left back. Call him "versatile" and "can play in a number of positions across the field"...or something.

Edited by capt_oats

10 hours ago, CaspianChris said:

Can anyone tell me how good or poor Ben Hall was during his time at Motherwell please?

I noticed this article in the Courier and was wondering if he would be a decent signing. 

Can't believe you're asking about Ben Hall when there's a fake Tony Straker training top in the wild.

5 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

BBC website is carrying an article saying Turnbull's operation went well and he could be playing this year. Robinson is quoted as saying we will hopefully see his value on the pitch and receive his true value in a few months which suggests we expect to sell him in January.

Better than he was before. Better... stronger... faster...

six-million-dollar-man-gif-4.gif

By spooky coincidence, back in those days six million dollars was almost exactly £3.25 million. *

* Warning - this fact may be entirely made up for comic effect.

I read in an online article in the Herald Robinson talking about looking to extend his contract beyond the end of the season, which I would be all in favour of.

Also for the 1st time a direct quote stating that Gboly will not be returning as he has told Robinson he is looking at other options.  Hope none of them involve a team in the same league. I liked Gboly but hopefully we have replaced him with other options.