Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Not really put much thought into this other than lifting some numbers off Wiki but here's how big Devante compares with our recent forwards. He's roughly 1 in 4 (rounding down) but as the OS  mentions it shakes out to 40 in 103 starts:

Devante Cole (24) - 40 in 177 appearances
Conor Sammon (32) - 88 in 470
Danny Johnson (26) - 135 in 251* (118  in 214 at Northern/National League level)
Nadir Ciftci (27) - 55 in 206
Curtis Main - (27) - 48 in 284* (2 in 20 at Conference level)
Ryan Bowman - (27) - 98 in 354* (73 in 201at NL/Conference level)
Louis Moult (27) - 103 in 287* (44 in 104 at Conference level)

Edit: Trialist out there tonight...

D-fOilBXUAEq8-G?format=jpg&name=medium

Further edit: The trialist has just scored. 6-0 with 13 mins left. (Hylton, Johnson x2, Tait, Maguire with the other goals)

Edited by capt_oats

6 minutes ago, Swello said:

I wondered if it was Cole pre-registration being completed - no idea though.....

Nah, Cole was listed as one of the subs.

Looking at photos on IG from the game I'm guessing it was our #12.

Edited by capt_oats

Saw some guy on twitter who was at the game saying it was Jonathan Benteke. Apparently scored an overhead kick and got an assist.

Edit : there’s the goal. Sign him up!

Aye. I had seen the Benteke thing mentioned on Twitter largely off the photo below that was circulating (and appeared on this thread the other week). The reports I've seen tonight on Twitter dot come seem to be making the assumption it's the same guy.

774C99F3-1A60-4D46-958B-7E0158C3051B.png

This is actual Jonathan Benteke...

Large

giphy.gif

Edit: 

It appears Fortuna Sittard confirmed yesterday that Jonathan Benteke is on trial with them. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by capt_oats

8 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

So not Elliot Frear then

Aye, the overhead kick made me realise it wasn't Frear too. He could never do that. 

Problem Robinson has is he had four wingers last season and lost all four of them this summer. Which was a bit of a disaster tbh for a team that lines up with two wingers every week.

The lack of any decent wide men in the 20’s just compounds this. Apparently the likes of Polworth and Scott have had to play out wide during pre-season as result. 

if it is indeed true I imagine it’s because Robinson will see him as a cheap squad filler. While Frear has probably went looking and realised he wasn’t going to get a better gig elsewhere. 

As an aside, did anyone actually see the trialist play last night? Or are people genuinely just wanting to sign him on the back of one- albeit excellent- goal against some non league outfit.