Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I wonder if getting Cole in on a 6 month loan would allow us to pap Scott out on loan to the Championship until January with a view to him starting in the 2nd half of the season....

Looks a good signing on paper. I’m sure we were strongly linked with him 3-4 windows ago before he moved to (I think) Barnsley. Would tie in with Robbo’s comments on us ‘tracking him for some time’.

Anyway, Cole and Gboly are gonna win us the league cup.

10 minutes ago, Big John Handsome said:

Looks a good signing, but anyone else concerned with it being only a 6 month loan? 

Why would anyone be concerned?

Pace and a goal threat- fully on board with this as well. 

Let’s be honest, we’re a shop window for the boy. He’s got no future at Wigan and he’s up here for 6 months to win himself a new deal somewhere down South.

And I’m all for it. If he bangs in double figures by January, everyone’s a winner. If he’s pish, we can punt him and aren’t saddled with him like Sammon last season.

As @Casagolda says the 6 months is a shop window for Cole.

His contract is up at the end of the season, he signed for Wigan in 2017/18 and spent that season with them, he was loaned out to Burton last season and now us so it's not a massive leap to think he doesn't really have a future there. It's interesting to see @dezz and @Ron Aldo mention that we've been linked with him before when he was with City.

It never usually works like this but if he likes us and we like him then there's the opportunity of possibly making it something more permanent in January (if not before). Alternatively from his POV if he kicks on it opens up options to find another club down south with some sexy goals and nicely edited highlights. Equally if it doesn't work out we're able to shake hands and move on unlike the scenario we had with Sammon last season.

I know we've made a big thing about signing 'forwards' who can play across the front 3 but you'd think that Cole's our #9. Bit of height, pace, can run in behind and looks like he's got a bit of skill. He's basically the anti-Main.

I'm fully on board with this signing.

Edited by capt_oats

Good luck to him and welcome to the club. Hopefully he is the much needed goalscorer that we are crying out for and this move works out for all parties, though the six month contract concerns me as if he is even remotely decent I can see him joining somebody like Aberdeen in January.